G6 Hospitality Instructional Designer in CARROLLTON, Texas
TX - CARROLLTON
First Open Date:
The Instructional Designer contributes to leading-edge, best in class training solutions by designing and creating innovative, engaging and interactive content within a variety of training solutions (i.e. eLearning courses, ILT webinars, on-the-job training, job aids and blended learning solutions) The Instructional Designer creates training solutions that support the success of hourly and leadership team members and drives the achievement of organization goals: Drive Growth, Drive the Experience and Drive Profit.
The individual occupying this position must be able to perform essential job functions set forth below with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
This document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the individual occupying this position. This is a representative list of the general duties, and it not intended to be all-inclusive.
Gather business needs and performance requirements
Interview Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and business stakeholders to articulate a baseline understanding of business objectives, the jobs that people perform to meet those objectives, the skills required to perform those jobs, and the extent to which those skills are absent or in need of development through training and learning.
Learning Management System and Instructional Design Specifications
Work closely with Sr. Management of E-Learning to ensure that courses and curricula are effectively designed, delivered and tracked through the Learning Management System (LMS).
Work closely with the Training Program Materials Developer to ensure that courses are designed and developed in accordance with instructional design best practices and quality standards.
Define behaviorally-based learning outcomes and create course assessments
Work closely with SMEs and stakeholders to translate performance requirements and skill gaps into the specific learning objectives that must be achieved through training.
Apply Merrill, Kolb, Mager or other theoretical frameworks for writing effective learning objectives.
Design tests and other assessment instruments to guide development and measure the success of training.
Determine appropriate instructional strategies and delivery technologies to meet objectives
Identify what kind of learning experiences and interventions need to be designed in order to meet the instructional objectives. Identify the types of content that needs to be taught (e.g., fact, concept, principle, procedure, process) and select the appropriate instructional strategies for each type.
Assess business constraints, audience characteristics, technical environment, budget, and other factors to determine the right media and technologies to deliver the learning.
Work closely with all members of the training team to secure the appropriate level of collaboration with trainers/facilitators, as well as to ensure that delivery requirements are incorporated in the design of all ILT classroom courses.
Develop design specifications and course outlines
Organize objectives, content, learning strategies, and delivery media into an appropriate instructional sequence consisting of courses, modules, lessons, topics, content objects, etc.
Manage development projects
Act as lead designer and project manager responsible for executing the end-to-end analysis, design, and development process for individual projects (including implementation of course updates based on pilot/TTT observation.)
Plan, organize, and facilitate workshops with SMEs and training team members to create design specifications and agree on development plans.
Review and approve deliverables produced by Training Materials Developer, SMEs, and vendors.
Report to Director of Instructional Design & Curriculum Development on project status, issues, innovative breakthroughs, etc.
Collaborate with Sr. Manager of E-Learning to deliver online courses according to SCORM standards.
Develop training content
Participate as hands-on designer and developer as required on individual projects.
Collaborate with Training Materials Developer, SMEs, and external vendors to design and develop courses and supporting materials.
Partner with Director of Leadership Development and team to ensure that delivery requirements are incorporated in the design of ILT (face-to-face and virtual) classroom courses, as well as in the design of blended learning programs.
All other duties as needed or required.
JOB REQUREMENTS: ability on a consistent basis to:
• Maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time
• Read and interpret documents and instructions from customers, vendors, and other employees
• Communicate effectively with customers, vendors, and other employees
• Multi-task and prioritize workload
• Work within the appropriate level of independence
• Function in a fast-paced environment
• If applicable, ability to travel for meetings with customers, vendors, other employees, and/or other business necessities
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
• 5+ yrs experience designing and developing interactive engaging learning solutions to impact business results.
• Degree in Instructional Design, ISD, or related discipline (e.g., psychology, education, organization development); Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) required- Ability to read, write, easily translate and communicate effectively in English and Spanish
• Ability to collaborate and establish credibility with busy, non-training professionals
• Insight into the appropriate uses of instructional technology
• Insight into current learning theory and its practical application
• Working knowledge of a variety of course development and authoring tools
• Experience in curriculum design