G6 Hospitality Scrum Master / Agile Business Analyst in CARROLLTON, Texas
Scrum Master / Agile Business Analyst
TX - CARROLLTON
First Open Date:
The primary function is to lead SCRUM teams enabling technology solutions for initiatives and projects that support the overall strategy of G6 Hospitality. This position will be responsible ensuring the teams are high performing with respect to Agile/SCRUM guidelines and best practices in a scaled agile framework. You will also be called upon to be an active contributor in creating the documentation of the current business process and then guides Business teams towards the design of the future state and the artifacts that define it.
• Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
This document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the individual occupying this position. This is a representative list of the general duties, and it is not intended to be all-inclusive.
– Facilitate sprint planning, daily scrums, reviews and retrospectives.
– Empowers and supports the product owner in grooming and prioritization.
– Exerts influence without positional authority.
– Serves as liaison between technical and non- technical departments.
– Ensures the development teams are practicing the core agile Scrum principles of transparency inspection and adaption.
– Assists as needed, with traditional project management duties.
– Participates proactively in developing and maintaining team standards, tools, and best practices.
– Identifies and removes impediments, prevents distractions and shields team from external demands.
– Facilitates discussion and conflict resolution.
– Empowers the team to self-organize.
– Identify core business needs and document in concepts of Epics, and user stories
– Decompose Epics, perform story analysis, and document the acceptance criteria and to understand the impact to other systems, projects, domains, and operational teams
– Document business rules and activities and construct use cases, use case activity diagrams, business domain models as needed
– Identify and manage upstream and downstream dependencies; clearly communicates those dependencies with other team members
– Must be able to identify and analyze a problem, propose solutions, and anticipate future problem areas before initiating action and implementing solutions throughout the entire project lifecycle.
– Effectively communicating with and listening to all stakeholders: to solidify needs, identify and resolve issues, and drive alignment across project teams, stakeholders, and supporting third parties.
– Survey and consolidate feedback from SMEs in all phases of the project
– Assist in coordinating production deployment and perform smoke testing
– Communicates resolution options to users and develops a plan for resolution
– Research reported problems by thorough testing and documentation
– All other duties as needed or required
• Job Requirements:
Understand basic fundamentals of iterative development
Understand other processes and methodologies and can speak intelligently about them and leverage other techniques to provide value to a team/enterprise
Understand basic fundamentals of software development processes and procedures
Understand the value of commitments to delivery made by a development team
Understand incremental delivery and the value of metrics
Understand backlog tracking, burn down metrics, velocity, and task definition
Familiarity with common Agile practices, service-oriented environments, and better development practices, agile certification a plus (such as Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Certified Scrum Practitioner (CSP), or PMI - Agile Certified Practitioner)
Demonstrated ability to interact directly with business owners/subject matter experts to interpret business needs and large problems and distill them into workable components
Multi-task and prioritize workload and communicate with management on conflicts
Work with a high level of independence
Function in a fast-paced environment
Critical thinking to problem solve and provide innovative solutions
Ability to research issues using application knowledge and written documentation
Self starter that takes initiative
Demonstrate enthusiasm courtesy, adaptability, flexibility and spirit of cooperation
Team player that works well in groups understanding and working through conflicting interests
Ability to "own the room" by facilitating structured workshop sessions and creating supporting presentation materials
Commitment to quality work and project results
Ability to adjust messaging from technical detail to executive summary for a given project
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
B.S. degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent preferred
Minimum five years’ development experience with technology/business process projects with cross-functional teams
5+ years in business and software usability analysis in an Agile or other well defined SDLC
Experienced facilitator and presenter
Very strong analytical skills
Must present themselves in a confident, professional manner and able to project an ability to handle stressful situations with specific examples required
Must have a sense of urgency and work well under pressure
Strong interpersonal and cross departmental partnering skills
Solid written and verbal communication skills
Must have strong application skills on a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Enterprise Architect a plus)
Strong organizational, planning, prioritizing, and administrative skills; ability to self-direct in a fast-paced, multi-task environment
Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
Comfortable and confident to communicate with all levels of Team Members: Executives, Department Heads and line level personnel
Minimum of 5+ years in Accounting and Finance