Sensata Technologies, Inc. Mechanical Design Engineer in Changzhou, China
Sensata Technologies (NYSE: ST) is one of the world's leading suppliers of sensing, electrical protection, control and power management solutions. We design and manufacture devices that help satisfy the worlds growing need for safety, energy efficiency and a clean environment in global automotive, appliance, aircraft, industrial, military, heavy vehicle, heating, air-conditioning and ventilation, data, telecommunications, recreational vehicle and marine markets.\nWe are a rapidly growing $2 billion business with operations and business centers in 16 countries and over 17,000 employees worldwide\nWe pride ourselves on being a leading global company with strong, local decision making and innovative, complex products that make a real difference. We have a reputation for unwavering integrity and offer global exposure to world-class talent and significant personal growth and development opportunities.
1. CONCEPT DEVELOPMENT:
Work with the Product design, Process engineering teams and Equipment vendors to develop manufacturing concepts to meet the product assembly and test requirements. This may include prototype development to mitigate process risks.
2. MECHANICAL DESIGN:
Provide accurate written design instructions. Conduct design reviews to validate the concept, design completeness and conformance to standards, manufacturability and cost effectiveness of the design. Will be responsible for the selection of all mechanical components and work with electrical engineers to define control requirements and bill of materials.
3. SUPPORT FOR ASSEMBLY:
Support the assembly craft team and update documentation to reflect all corrections and improvements done during fabrication and assembly.
Work with the controls engineering and build teams to bring the machine to functional condition per the design intent.
Conduct evaluation of the machine to validate conformance to the specification before delivering to the Process engineering team for final qualification. Support Process Engineering during qualification and document all the required procedures for gauging, set-up and machine details.
6. SHIPMENT and INSTALLATION:
Manage the logistics of the equipment transfer to the end user. Support for installation at the receiving facility.
7. ONGOING SUPPORT:
Provide ongoing support to the manufacturing operations globally to facilitate continuous improvement (Yield & OEE) and feedback lessons learned for future development.
1. Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering and 5+ years experience in manufacturing environment preferred
2. Proficiency with SolidWorks CAD software is required.
3. Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, Project)
4. Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills.
5. Experience in a fast moving, high growth, global and innovative environment.
6. Understanding of manufacturing processes, i.e. Welding, crimping, riveting, soldering, dispensing, stamping, forming, molding, machining, etc.
7. Experience in mechanical design of equipment and understanding of mechanisms.
8. Preferred experience in the design of
a. Pneumatic controls.
b. High pressure pneumatic systems (up to 5000 PSI)
c. Hydraulic control systems (up to 60k PSI)
d. Precision motion control
e. Thermal systems
f. Cam systems
9. Familiarity with mechanical components brands and types.
10. Experience/involvement in building and debugging equipment.
11. Good organization and time management skills.
12. Ability to learn our corporate scheduling and financial systems to develop project plans and report on status.
Our employees are the reason we have been successful in the past and the reason we will be successful in the future. Employees skills, talents and work ethic have defined the business and will shape our collective future.
Our Vision is to be:
A world leader and early innovator in mission-critical sensors and electrical protection
Satisfying the worlds growing need for safety, energy efficiency and a clean environment
A partner, employer, and neighbor of choice.
NOTE: If you are a current Sensata employee (or one of our Affiliates), please back out of this application and log into Workday via the Company Intranet to apply directly. Type FIND JOBS in the Workday search bar.