Kratos Technology & Training Solutions Sr. Security Consultant in Chantilly, Virginia
As a Senior Security Consultant for Kratos SecureInfo, you will be joining a team performing security assessments and providing consulting support to assist clients in meeting FISMA and FedRAMP requirements. The ideal candidate will have a firm understanding of how to apply the principles of Information Security in a variety of circumstances and expertise translating the NIST 800-53 guidelines into common technical implementations.
Responsibilities: * Develop Security Authorization Packages that are compliant with FedRAMP and DoD requirements under the supervision of senior staff members. Package components include: System Security Plans, Contingency Plans, Configuration Management Plans, Incident Response Plans, Privacy Impact Assessments, Security Assessment Plans, and Security Assessment Reports. * Assist in the review and analysis of Security Authorization Packages for completeness and compliance with FedRAMP and DoD requirements. * Participate in client interviews to complete Security Authorization Packages and Security Assessments. * Ensure existing systems Security Authorization Packages remain up to date throughout the life cycle. * Provide review and analysis of vulnerability scan results from tools such as Nessus, Qualys, AppDetective, WebInspect, IBM AppScan, Burp Suite, etc. * Build a customer-focused relationship with client(s). * Collaborate across multiple internal teams to ensure successful delivery of results based on scope of work. * Establish standards and procedures to minimize risks. * Demonstrate proficiency in creating proposals and SOWs, responding to RFPs. * Present proposals to clients. * Drive working sessions with client to ensure expectations and direction are aligned and timelines are being met. * Demonstrate ability to lead projects through the project lifecycle from initiation to project closure.
Experience and Skills:
- Bachelors degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or relevevant discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- Maintain one or more of the following certificates: CISSP, CEH, CAP, Security +, GSEC, or equivalent.
- Demonstrated familiarity with NIST 800 series guidelines (800-30, 800-37, 800-53 and 53A, 800-60, etc.).
- Broad based IT background with a technical understanding of networks, protocols, security configurations, cryptography, identity and access management, and the systems development life cycle.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with strong presentation skills.
- Ability to translate technical materials and issues into non-technical/layman terms.
- Applies attention to detail, accuracy, and thoroughness in all work products.
- Demonstrated skills in the entire Microsoft desktop suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.).
- Team player able to work well with others in a collaborative manner and is a self-starter who can work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to interact with clients and represent Kratos SecureInfo in a professional manner.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple tasks.
- Serve as mentor to Associate Security Consultants and Security Consultants on best practices.
- Ability to travel 25%.
- 5 to 9 years of experience with the responsibilities and requirements listed above.
Job Tracking ID: KTTS-16-086
Location: Chantilly, VA
Job Type: Full-Time/Regular
Date Updated: September 15, 2016
Job Level: Mid Career (2+ years)
Number of Openings: 3
Years of Experience: More than 5 Years
Level of Education: BA/BS
Starting Date: ASAP