Washington State DSHS Registered Nurse 3 in Chehalis, Washington
You can make a real difference in the lives of at-risk youth when you join the dedicated team at Green Hill School. We are seeking a dynamic and motivated Registered Nurse to lead a professional nursing team that provides services for youth committed to a secure juvenile rehabilitation institution.
This job manages a team of up to 15 staff, 7 full time and two part time nurses, four on-call nurses, a dental assistant and an office assistant. The position requires supervisory skill, the ability to complete administrative tasks, as well as nursing skill to include:
- Lead, direct, supervise, and evaluate a professional staff team within a collective bargaining environment;
- Maintain staff time and attendance records and unit work schedules to meet coverage needs;
- Screen and evaluate prospective employees and make hiring recommendations to appointing authority. Schedule and ensure completion of mandatory training by employees;
- Conduct and document investigations related to program management and /or personnel issues;
- Ensure program compliance with all health, safety, and custody standards and requirements. Maintain knowledge of and access to state laws, department and administration policies and procedures; and follow applicable pharmacy standards monitor pharmaceuticals. Implement infection control program/protocol requirements as identified in statutes, rules and related Rehabilitation Administration policies. Ensure compliance with National Commission on Correctional Health Care (NCCHC) standards and any other standards approved by the agency. Create and revise polices related to health care;
- Act as consultant and resource for nurses in providing professional nursing services including assessment and evaluation of medical problems;
- Assign and direct medical case management for youth with chronic or acute conditions;
- Communicate with and instruct non-medical agency staff on treatment and care of youth;
- Ensure preparation and filing of medical documents; ensure scheduling of appointments; perform basic data entry and retrieval functions using an electronic management information system. Collaborate with professional colleagues to coordinate the treatment and transition of youth to other residential placement;
- Perform Quality Assurance on all aspects of Health Center functioning, making recommendation to administration and the medical director.
Who Should Apply? Anyone with a valid Washington State License to practice as a registered nurse OR is eligible to obtain a valid Washington State License prior to employment. You must also have two years of professional nursing experience, or equivalent education/experience.
You will enjoy a rewarding career with impressive benefits designed to help you maintain a comfortable lifestyle for you and your family, including:
Flexible Spending Account
Retirement and other savings plan options
Paid Vacation & Holidays.
This job functions in a Rehabilitation Administration secure care juvenile institution. Work is both indoors and outdoors in a moderate to high risk environment serving juvenile offenders with complex rehabilitation needs including chemical dependency, cognitive impairment, mental health issues, and sexual offending histories who may exhibit physical and verbal aggressiveness. You will be trained in and required to use approved verbal de-escalation techniques and physical control, restraint, and take-down methods on aggressive youth, when needed.
Applicants selected for interview will be required to complete a questionnaire mandated by the Federal Prison Rape Elimination Act that asks questions regarding any past acts of sexual harassment and/or sexual abuse.
Apply today for job 07830 and provide a complete application specifying your work experience.
For questions contact Dave Ozment at (360) 725-5843 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Some jobs may require full criminal background check. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
07830 #LI-JB1 keywords: registered, nurse, RN, lead, supervise, justice, security, pediatrics
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 2016-07830
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Closing: 10/31/2016 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $4,606.00 - $7,549.00 Monthly
Location: Lewis County – Chehalis, WA