Washington State DSHS Security Guard 3 - Maple Lane School in Chehalis, Washington
Not just a profession... we need your leadership skills to supervise 13 Security Guards who provide 24/7 facility security.
As a supervisor, you'll set a positive and professional example for those who report to you. You'll be responsible for documenting employee performance, submitting annual evaluations and issuing performance management reports.
Here is some of what you'll do:
- Provide supervision, direction and assistance for all Maple Lane Security Guard 2-level employees that provide control, protection and security to residents, staff and visitors.
- Lead the deployment of Security Guard staff responding to escapes, medical emergencies, fires, assaultive behavior and other emergency conditions.
- Ensure Security Guard staff support other program staff and actively engage with residents as appropriate to promote a safe and therapeutic environment.
- Provide security services as back-up or fill-in in the event of staff absences.
- Work closely and collaborate with other Maple Lane staff including DSHS and contractor staff to promote integrated and coordinated residential services.
- Participate on work groups, attend and participate in operational meetings as required or requested by the Residential Services Manager.
- Conduct reviews and provide reports related to safety and emergency response issues.
Viable and competitive applicants should meet these desired qualifications:
- Experience as a Security Guard 1 (preferably 3 years) or Security Guard 2 (preferably 2 years) OR; high school graduate or GED and experience (preferably 3 years) in areas of work such as a security guard, a correctional officer, a store investigator or a police officer, police reserve officer, military police or other law enforcement employment. A certificate of completion in a basic law enforcement training program approved by the Washington Criminal Justice Training Commission or a certificate of completion in a police or reserve police academy or military training program may substitute for some of the preferred experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency working with personal computers and software programs such as Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills and the ability to write and edit security incident reports, time keeping, e-mails, performance evaluations and other documentation as required.
- Compliance with health screening requirements completing a TB skin test and
- providing documentation of immunity to rubella. Application process Please complete the application specifying your education and work experience.
Special Notes This temporary (project status) opportunity is with Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS) competency restoration program, at Maple Lane School in Centralia. The 30-bed program is operated as a joint public-private partnership involving both DSHS staff and staff provided by a specialized contractor.
The person hired will serve in this temporary project until June 30, 2017. Although there will be no guarantees of continued employment after that time, some jobs associated with the Maple Lane competency restoration program may become permanent as the program is expected to transition to Western State Hospital.
Some jobs may require full criminal background check. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
Job Type: Project (limited duration)
Job Number: 2016-01287
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Closing: 10/21/2016 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $2,994.00 - $3,907.00 Monthly
Location: Lewis County – Chehalis, WA