Wolf Creek Federal Services Subject Matter Expert V in CHESAPEAKE, Virginia
Who we are and what we do...
Make more than money. Make a difference.
Chugach Government Solutions (CGS) and subsidiaries…
Our Mission is to set the standard for first-class business services in the global market. We offer an exciting work environment, competitive compensation, and excellent benefits.
CGS is a unique organization, capable of meeting the needs of the government through a long-range program of business planning, training, and sound business practices. CGS is the federal division of Chugach Alaska Corporation (Chugach), one of the twelve original Native Regional Corporations formed under the Alaska Natives Claims Settlement Act of 1971. Chugach is privately owned by Alaska Natives, and stock is not publicly traded.
CGS is a seasoned government contractor providing a wide span of services to our federal customers with over 25 years of experience in the industry. We seek consistency in quality and actively innovate, finding new ways of doing business that adds value to our customers. CGS currently operates on Department of Defense installations sprinkled across the United States and at OCONUS locations spread across the globe. With 12 subsidiaries specializing in facility maintenance, IT/technical services, construction, and education services, CGS offers a unique depth of services equipped to support the most critical missions.
EEO/AA Employer; Shareholder Hire Preference.
Preference shall be given to eligible and qualified Chugach shareholders, spouses and descendants, and shareholders of other Alaska Native Corporations. Chugach makes every effort to identify, hire, train, and promote shareholders. Chugach is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. CGS complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Summary/General Description Of Job:
The role of the SME will be to provide day-to-day Tactical Data Link support to SPAWAR. The position requires an experienced communications expert to support the project. This position will work out of the Chesapeake, VA area.
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
- The candidate will be working closely with the government sponsor and his/her managers on a daily basis developing/integration/troubleshooting various Tactical Data Link systems in support of SPAWAR and the US Navy.
- Provide expert input on Tactical Data Links system documents.
- Provide assistance during onsite visits to US Navy ships and shore sites.
- Must be a US citizen
- Must have a secret security clearance as a minimum at the time of employment
- Eighteen (18) years of hands-on experience with Tactical Data Links systems and allocation of resources to include three (3) of the following four (4) areas: Systems Requirements, Operational Requirements, Test & Evaluation, and Training. Recognized expert who has demonstrated industry and public service leadership in relevant technical field.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Be willing to travel 10 – 25%
- BS Degree
- Hardware – AN/TSQ-214(V)s Air Defense System Integrator (ADSI), Link Monitoring and Management Tool (LMMT), AN/USQ-125(V) Data Terminal Set (DTS), Joint Tactical Information Distribution System (JTIDS) and Multifunctional Information Distribution System.
Primary Location: US-Virginia-CHESAPEAKE
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Job Number: VA0100142
Req ID: VA0100142