Diebold, Inc. Associate Physical Security Technician - Northern IL/Chicago in Chicago, Illinois
As the Associate Physical Security Technician for Diebold Inc, you will provide on-site maintenance and repair services to commercial Diebold customers within an assigned territory. Perform intermediate level maintenance on assigned products, such as safes, locks, under-counter teller equipment, safe deposit boxes, and vaults. Follow call handling and call closure procedures consistently while promoting a high quality of service. Prioritize calls and act decisively on behalf of the customer. You will also be responsible for follow-through to ensure call completion.
Some essential functions of this position include:
Demonstrate beginner to intermediate knowledge of the physical security devices that Diebold installs and services, including:
Perform service on physical security devices, including lock combination changes, replacement of under-counter locks, safe deposit box drillings, programming of basic electronic combination locks, and duplicating keys. With experience, duties may also include repairing timelocks, reworking bolts, performing basic repair of hydraulic doors, modification of safe and AHD linkage, and drilling safes/locks
Perform preventative maintenance on safes, safe deposit boxes, AHD's, and vault doors, including steel and timelock cleanings
Assist in both simple and complex installations on occasion
Request and share technical knowledge and assistance with other team members, as needed
Escalate and resolve issues when appropriate
Engage in team meetings to drive performance improvements
Achieve monthly service performance metrics
Use various hand and power tools; occasionally using ladders
Maintain parts inventories and anticipate parts required to meet or exceed goals. Assist in inventory management for the Service Technician team
Act as a Notary during service calls where required by customer
- Background of at least 6 months visual and trial by error mechanical troubleshooting experience and beginner diagnostic capabilities. Vault, safe, lock maintenance and troubleshooting knowledge desired.
- Beginner to intermediate PC skills, using Windows is desired. Must be able to navigate the Internet and internal documentation to locate solutions. Must be able to read blueprints for drill point requirements.
- Must display a strong sense of urgency, organization skills and maintain a professional presence.
- Ability to function in a team environment, receive direction from and provide assistance to team members. Must be able to take initiate by excalating and resolving issues at the service call level
- Exceptional customer serive skills are required . Must be able to schedule appointments, maining positive interaction with customers, attend customer meetings and conduct customer training.
- May be required to obtain a Notary Public designation in areas where required by customer
- Acceptable diriving record and valid driver's license required
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, occasionally lifting headvy loads, bend, stoop and reach required.
Diebold, Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, national origin, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
Primary Location: United States-IL-Chicago
Req ID: 016692