Indian Health Service Pharmacist (Chinle)-DHA-Open Continuous in Chinle, Arizona
Indian Health Service
1 vacancy in the following location:
- Chinle, AZ
Work Schedule is Full Time - Permanent
Opened Thursday 1/28/2016 (310 day(s) ago)
** Closes Saturday 12/31/2016 (28 day(s) away)
The Indian Health Service (IHS) is the principal federal health care provider and health advocate for American Indians and Alaska Natives (AI/AN). The IHS goal is to raise Indian health status to the highest possible level. IHS provides leadership and direction to programs and activities designed to improve health outcomes to over 1.9 million AI/AN through a system of IHS, Tribal, and Urban operated facilities and programs.
The IHS is required by law to give absolute preference to qualified applicants who meet the Secretary of the Interior's definition of Indian for appointment to vacancies within the IHS in accordance with established IHS policy as outlined in the Indian Health Manual Part 7, Chapter 3. The IHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is being announced concurrently under Excepted Service Examining Plan/Merit Promotion Plan (ESEP/MPP) procedures. Please review vacancy announcement number ++IHS-16-CH-1599385-ESEP/MP++; for eligibility requirements. NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered.
This position is considered as a major source of pharmaceutical clinical information and is expected to manage selected patients with chronic disease states, as well as providing pharmaceutical care for acute patients. This position is located at the Chinle Service Unit, Division of Clinical Services, Pharmacy Department, Chinle, AZ.
- Conducts hospital authorized outpatient pharmacy clinics for examination, diagnosis and treatment of specialized patients in the Pharmacist Managed Anticoagulation Clinic (ACC), Pharmacist in the Medical Clinic (PIMC, Chronic Disease Management Program (CDMP), and Pharmacist Managed Immunization Clinic.
- Takes the appropriate health history, follows and adjusts the developed treatment plan and monitors the patient's outcome to prescribed treatment plan.
- Evaluates medication regimen for appropriateness, drug interactions, therapeutic duplications, non-compliance and adverse drug events.
- Dispenses prescription and over-the-counter drugs without the patient seeing the doctor (Pharmacy Primary Care) to treat minor ailments.
- Counsels patient on use, storage, cautions and side effects of all medications dispensed.
- Performs inpatient and outpatient pharmacy functions.
- Works with other health professional to develop treatment protocols, standards of practice and policies.
- Provides formal and informal education and in-services to medical staff, pharmacy, and nursing staff as requested.
- Not Required
- The selected applicant will be subject to a pre-employment background
- investigation, which will include a fingerprint check.
- If applicable-Selective Service registration (Males born after 12/31/59)
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Must meet educational requirements
- Must meet pharmacy licensure requirements.
To qualify for this position, your resume must reflect sufficient experience and/or education, to perform the duties of the position for which you are applying. Your resume is key in evaluating your experience, as they relate to this position. Therefore, we encourage you to be clear and specific when describing your work experience.
Education: Four-year bachelor's degree in pharmacy recognized by the American Council on Pharmaceutical Education. Licensure: Except for research positions that do not entail patient care, all applicants must be licensed to practice pharmacy in a State, territory of the United States, or the District of Columbia. In addition, to the Basic Requirements, you must also meet the Minimum Qualifications stated below: MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to at least the next lower grade level in the Federal service obtained in either the private or public sector performing the following types of tasks: For GS-11: Successful completion of a 6-year course of study leading to a Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) degree; 1 year of professional pharmacy experience equivalent to at least GS-9; or, for research positions, completion of all of the requirements for a master's or equivalent degree in a related scientific field. For GS-12: One year of professional pharmacy experience equivalent to at least GS-11; or, for research positions, completion of all the requirements for a Ph.D. or equivalent degree in a related scientific field. SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Professional knowledge of the theories, practices, practices, and techniques of clinical and basic pharmacy to provide direct patient services. Knowledge in planning, monitoring and evaluation drug therapy in a clinical setting. Providing advice to patients regarding administering, storing and precautions of their medications. Communicate with health providers in regards to the total treatment of patients. Time-In-Grade Requirements: Merit Promotion (status) candidates must have completed one year of service at the next lower grade level. Time-In-Grade provisions do not apply under the Excepted Service Examining Plan (ESEP). Note: this position has specific educational requirements. In order to qualify for this position, you must meet the education requirement as noted within the Qualifications section.
You must meet the requirements of the job by 11:59 (Eastern Standard Time) of the closing date: Saturday, December 31, 2016
What To Expect Next
Once the online questionnaire is received you will receive an acknowledgement email that your submission was successful. Applicant MUST verify the completeness and successful submission of their applications by logging into the USAJobs Application Manager to check the Status. Your qualifications for the job will be reviewed against other applicants to determine, if you will be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interviews. We will notify you of the outcome after each of these steps have been completed. After making a tentative job offer, we will conduct a suitability/security background investigation.
You will no longer need to call the HR Office to determine your application status. USAJOBS has added an alert setting to their system to provide status updates for applicants. You can elect to activate the status updates from your USAJOBS profile at any point during the application process.
If all required documentation is not submitted with your application you will lose consideration. It is the applicants responsibility to verify that information and documents entered, uploaded, or faxed is received, legible and accurate. HR will not modify answers submitted by an applicant.
Indian Health Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer
You can review our benefits at https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/PayandBenefits
Additional selection(s) of candidates may be possible within 90 days from the date the certificate of eligibles was issued for this announcement.
A one-year probationary period may be required upon selection/placement.
This position is covered by a Bargaining Unit.
Recruitment incentive may be authorized.
Government housing is available.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
*This position works on a regularly assigned, rotation, or call back basis to provide continuity of medical services during evenings, nights, holidays and weekends. *
- Security Clearance: If you are selected for this vacancy, you must undergo a fingerprint check. Fingerprint results must be cleared prior to hire. You will receive instructions on how to obtain and submit fingerprints. After you begin your employment, your continued employment is contingent upon the outcome of a complete background investigation as determined by the sensitivity level of your position. The investigation must find that you are suitable for Federal employment in your position. If you are found not suitable, you will be terminated after you begin work. If you make a false statement in any part of your application, you may not be hired; you may be fired after you begin work; or subject to possible criminal charges.
- Measles and Rubella immunization required for selectees born after 1957.
IHS - Operated Properties are tobacco free
Salary Range: $82,897.00 to $117,991.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-0660-11/12
Promotion Potential: 12
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: United States Citizens
Control Number: 428041400
Job Announcement Number: IHS-16-CH-1599387-DHA