Indian Health Service Clinical Cardiology Nurse in Claremore, Oklahoma
Indian Health Service
1 vacancy in the following location:
- Claremore, OK
Work Schedule is Full Time - Permanent
Opened Wednesday 10/12/2016 (9 day(s) ago)
** Closes Tuesday 11/1/2016 (11 day(s) away)
The Indian Health Service (IHS) is the principal federal health care provider and health advocate for American Indians and Alaska Natives (AI/AN). The IHS goal is to raise Indian health status to the highest possible level. IHS provides leadership and direction to programs and activities designed to improve health outcomes to over 1.9 million AI/AN through a system of IHS, Tribal, and Urban operated facilities and programs.
The IHS is required by law to give absolute preference to qualified applicants who meet the Secretary of the Interior's definition of Indian for appointment to vacancies within the IHS in accordance with established IHS policy as outlined in the Indian Health Manual Part 7, Chapter 3. The IHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position serves as a Clinical Cardiology Nurse at the Claremore Indian Hospital, the purpose of this position is to serve as Specialty Role Cardiology Clinical Nurse providing specialized and comprehensive and professional nursing care to adults. This position will be supervised by the Supervisor Clinical Nurse (CNE).
This position is being announced concurrently under Excepted Service Examining Plan/Merit Promotion Plan (ESEP/MPP) procedures. Please review vacancy announcement number IHS-17-OK-1822402-ESEP/MP for eligibility requirements. NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered
- Assist Cardiologist during scheduled Cardiology clinic days and prepare all records for patient visit, as well as scheduling follow-up appointments, coordinate patient care, obtaining records.
- Serve as point of contact for CIH discharging service, this includes working with pharmacy, cardiology and echo room to make appointments, obtain meds, and make echo appointments.
- Coordinate phone triage, screen telephone messages from patients and provides case management for the Cardiovascular Clinic.
- Review pending tests and routine lab results that may be required by the Cardiologist.
- Under protocol of a cardiologist, may perform graded exercise stress tests, stress echocardiograms, CTA, or exercise treadmill tests.
- Not Required
- The selected applicant will be subject to a pre-employment background
- investigation, which will include a fingerprint check.
- If applicable-Selective Service registration (Males born after 12/31/59)
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Child Care Worker position, Childcare Worker Form is required.
To qualify for this position, your resume must reflect sufficient experience and/or education, to perform the duties of the position for which you are applying. Your resume is key in evaluating your experience, as they relate to this position. Therefore, we encourage you to be clear and specific when describing your work experience.
BASIC REQUIREMENT(S): Education: Degree or diploma from a professional nursing program approved by the legally designated State accrediting agency at the time the program was completed by the applicant. Must submit copy of transcript. Applications will be considered incomplete without proof. AND Registration:**Applicants must have active, current registration as a professional nurse in a State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States. Must submit copy of Nursing license that includes expiration date. Applications will be considered incomplete without proof.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Your resume must demonstrate at least one (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the next lower grade level in the Federal service obtained in either the private or public sector performing the following type of work and/or tasks:
GS-10: 1 year of specialized experience documenting cardiovascular patient education and utilizing education codes in an electronic health record, including patient education discussions as a chart review as well as ensuring patient/families have all necessary information for their related diagnosis and cardiovascular procedure(s). Alerting physicians of potential problems; plan and coordinate nursing care accordingly, which requires knowledge, interpretation and performance of cardiology tests (EKG, stress tests, echocardiogram, CTA, laboratory values), EKGs, holter monitor placement & interpretation; and starting IVs for cardiac stress testing. Cognizant of cardiac medications utilized during a cardiology test or prescribed by the attending cardiologist.
Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program. For further information, click on foreign education.
You must meet the requirements of the job by 11:59 (Eastern Standard Time) of the closing date: Tuesday, November 01, 2016
Q - Nonsensitive
What To Expect Next
Once the online questionnaire is received you will receive an acknowledgement email that your submission was successful. Applicant MUST verify the completeness and successful submission of their applications by logging into the USAJobs Application Manager to check the Status. Your qualifications for the job will be reviewed against other applicants to determine, if you will be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interviews. We will notify you of the outcome after each of these steps have been completed. After making a tentative job offer, we will conduct a suitability/security background investigation.
You will no longer need to call the HR Office to determine your application status. USAJOBS has added an alert setting to their system to provide status updates for applicants. You can elect to activate the status updates from your USAJOBS profile at any point during the application process.
If all required documentation is not submitted with your application you will lose consideration. It is the applicants responsibility to verify that information and documents entered, uploaded, or faxed is received, legible and accurate. HR will not modify answers submitted by an applicant.
Indian Health Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer
You can review our benefits at https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/PayandBenefits
Additional selection(s) of candidates may be possible within 90 days from the date the certificate of eligibles was issued for this announcement.
A one-year probationary period may be required upon selection/placement.
This position is covered by a Bargaining Unit.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Postion subject to an alternative work schedule, call back, standby, rotating shifts, nights/weekends/holidays.
- Security Clearance: If you are selected for this vacancy, you must undergo a fingerprint check. Fingerprint results must be cleared prior to hire. You will receive instructions on how to obtain and submit fingerprints. After you begin your employment, your continued employment is contingent upon the outcome of a complete background investigation as determined by the sensitivity level of your position. The investigation must find that you are suitable for Federal employment in your position. If you are found not suitable, you will be terminated after you begin work. If you make a false statement in any part of your application, you may not be hired; you may be fired after you begin work; or subject to possible criminal charges.
- Measles and Rubella immunization required for selectees born after 1957.
- Annual influenza vaccination is required, unless medically contraindicated.
- Must submit Addendum to the OF-306 (Child Care) form with application. This position is covered under Section 408 of the Indian Child Protection and Family Violence Prevention Act, Public Law 101-630 and is considered a Child Care Worker position. The Addendum to the OF-306 (Childcare Worker Form) is required for all applicants and can be found under required documents.
IHS - Operated Properties are tobacco free
Salary Range: $59,734.00 to $73,882.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-0610-10/10
Promotion Potential: 10
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: United States Citizens
Control Number: 453203500
Job Announcement Number: IHS-17-OK-1822846-DHA