Indian Health Service Medical Officer (Pediatrics-Administration) in Claremore, Oklahoma
Indian Health Service
1 vacancy in the following location:
- Claremore, OK
Work Schedule is Full Time - Permanent
Opened Friday 8/19/2016 (62 day(s) ago)
** Closes Friday 12/30/2016 (71 day(s) away)
The Indian Health Service (IHS) is the principal federal health care provider and health advocate for American Indians and Alaska Natives (AI/AN). The IHS goal is to raise Indian health status to the highest possible level. IHS provides leadership and direction to programs and activities designed to improve health outcomes to over 1.9 million AI/AN through a system of IHS, Tribal, and Urban operated facilities and programs.
Our lifestyle is adventurous, community oriented and focused on service and problem solving as part of a professional interdisciplinary team. Join us in improving the health outcomes of 2.2 million American Indians and Alaska Natives.
*This is an Open Until Filled job announcement. The following cut-off dates will be used to issue a certificate of eligibles : 1st and 15th of every month, until the position has been filled. Please ensure applications are complete and required documents are submitted before the cut-off dates to receive full consideration. This position serves as a* Medical Officer (Pediatrics-Administration)**at Claremore Indian Hospital located in Claremore, OK. This position reports to the Clinical Director of Claremore Indian Hospital.
The IHS is required by law to give absolute preference to qualified applicants who meet the Secretary of the Interior's definition of Indian for appointment to vacancies within the IHS in accordance with established IHS policy as outlined in the Indian Health Manual Part 7, Chapter 3. The IHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is being announced concurrently under Excepted Service Examining Plan/Merit Promotion Plan (ESEP/MPP) procedures. Please review vacancy announcement number IHS-16-OK-1776055-ESEP/MP for eligibility requirements. NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered.
- Diagnose, evaluate the treatment of pediatric patients by interpreting results of a medical examination or evaluation including specialty test for a pediatric patient.
- Assess the need for changes in priorities, policies, and/or procedures to improve the efficiency and responsiveness of medical care.
- Provides direct medical care to pediatric patients.
- Provides direct and indirect supervision to Medical Officers (Peds) and other medical personnel. Planning schedules for completion of work and assigns work based on priorities and capabilities of employees.
- Not Required
- Relocation expenses are authorized and will be paid. You will be required to sign a one year service agreement. Failure to fulfill the one year service agreement may result in repayment of relocation expenses.
- The selected applicant will be subject to a pre-employment background
- investigation, which will include a fingerprint check.
- If applicable-Selective Service registration (Males born after 12/31/59)
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Confidential Financial Disclosure Form required
To qualify for this position, your resume must reflect sufficient experience and/or education, to perform the duties of the position for which you are applying. Your resume is key in evaluating your experience, as they relate to this position. Therefore, we encourage you to be clear and specific when describing your work experience.
Applicants must possess and provide documentation of the following basic requirements:
BASIC REQUIREMENTS (A-C) :
A. Doctorate Degree in Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy from a school in the United States or Canada approved by a recognized accrediting body in the year of the applicants graduation. [A Doctor of Medicine or equivalent degree from a foreign medical school that provided education and medical knowledge substantially equivalent to accredited schools in the United States may be demonstrated by permanent certification by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) (or a fifth pathway certificate for Americans who completed premedical education in the United States and graduate education in a foreign country).] Must submit official or unofficial copy of transcripts (official transcripts must be provided before EOD) showing doctorate degree conferred. If applicable, must supply ECFMG or fifth pathway certificate. AND B. Medical License: A current, non-temporary, full, and unrestricted license to practice medicine in a State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States. AND C. Graduate Training: Atleast a 1-year internship or the first year of a residency program in an institution accredited for such training. For purposes of this standard, graduate training programs include only those internship, residency, and fellowship programs that are approved by accrediting bodies recognized within the United States or Canada. Such programs are in hospitals or other institutions accredited for internship training by a recognized body of the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) or American Medical Association (AMA).
In addition, to the Basic Requirements, you must also meet the Minimum Qualifications stated below- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Your resume must demonstrate at least one (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the next lower grade level in the Federal service obtained in either the private or public sector performing the following type of work and/or tasks:
GS-15: 5 years of residency training in Pediatrics or Family Practice, or have equivalent specialist experience and training. A physician at this level assumes responsibility for diagnosis, prevention, therapy, maintenance and rehabilitation of patients in the capacity of senior specialist or expert.
This position has an education requirement. You must submit a copy of your transcripts (or a list of your courses including titles, credit hours completed and grades). Unofficial transcripts will be accepted in the application package; however, official transcripts will be required prior to entering on duty. For information on Foreign Education click here http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
You must meet the requirements of the job by 11:59 (Eastern Standard Time) of the closing date: Friday, December 30, 2016
Public Trust - Background Investigation
What To Expect Next
Once the online questionnaire is received you will receive an acknowledgement email that your submission was successful. Applicant MUST verify the completeness and successful submission of their applications by logging into the USAJobs Application Manager to check the Status. Your qualifications for the job will be reviewed against other applicants to determine, if you will be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interviews. We will notify you of the outcome after each of these steps have been completed. After making a tentative job offer, we will conduct a suitability/security background investigation.
You will no longer need to call the HR Office to determine your application status. USAJOBS has added an alert setting to their system to provide status updates for applicants. You can elect to activate the status updates from your USAJOBS profile at any point during the application process.
If all required documentation is not submitted with your application you will lose consideration. It is the applicants responsibility to verify that information and documents entered, uploaded, or faxed is received, legible and accurate. HR will not modify answers submitted by an applicant.
Indian Health Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer
You can review our benefits at https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/PayandBenefits
Additional selection(s) of candidates may be possible within 90 days from the date the certificate of eligibles was issued for this announcement.
A one-year probationary period may be required upon selection/placement.
A one-year supervisory/managerial probationary period may be required upon selection/placement.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Security Clearance: If you are selected for this vacancy, you must undergo a fingerprint check. Fingerprint results must be cleared prior to hire. You will receive instructions on how to obtain and submit fingerprints. After you begin your employment, your continued employment is contingent upon the outcome of a complete background investigation as determined by the sensitivity level of your position. The investigation must find that you are suitable for Federal employment in your position. If you are found not suitable, you will be terminated after you begin work. If you make a false statement in any part of your application, you may not be hired; you may be fired after you begin work; or subject to possible criminal charges.
- Measles and Rubella immunization required for selectees born after 1957. Seasonal Influenza immunization is required for civilian health care facility staff working in Indian Health Service health care facilities.
- The selected individual is required to obtain and maintain medical staff clinical privileges, including any licensure requirements. If privileges are not obtained or maintained during employment, the employee will be subject to adverse actions, up to and including removal from Federal service.
- This position is covered under Section 408 of the Indian Child Protection and Family Violence Prevention Act, Public Law 101-630 and is considered a Child Care Worker position. The Addendum to the OF-306 (Childcare Worker Form) is required for all applicants and can be found under required documents.
IHS - Operated Properties are tobacco free
Salary Range: $110,000.00 to $230,000.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-0602-15/15
Promotion Potential: 15
Supervisory Status: Yes
Who May Apply: United States Citizens; PHS Commissioned Officers interested in performing the duties of this position within the Commissioned Corps MUST apply to the merit promotion announcement in order to receive consideration.
Control Number: 448209300
Job Announcement Number: IHS-16-OK-1779976-DHA