Kratos Technology & Training Solutions Development Engineer-Digital Signal Procesing in Colorado Springs, Colorado
RT Logic is a leading supplier of ground signal processing systems (RF, DSP, and digital domains) for satellite operations including factory test, launch, business operations, and assured mission capabilities. Our technology also supports non-space applications. We have an exciting opportunity for a DSP Development Engineer!
This position will...
- Provide design, maintenance, and test support for digital signal processing products, including spectral monitoring systems, RF channel simulators, signal generators, and high-speed digitizers. Disciplines include hardware, firmware, and software design, development and test.
- Serve as a key member of a small highly skilled engineering team to develop signal processing solutions for commercial and government customers in satellite and terrestrial communications. Projects range from a single chassis to complex racks at multiple worldwide sites.
- Provide timely and accurate maintenance and support assistance for assigned products and projects to include troubleshooting, debugging, software/firmware/hardware fixes and test for internal and external customers.
- Work closely with internal and external customers to develop requirements, systems, tests, and documentation that meet those requirements with suitable margin. Identify and propose trade-off options between system performance, cost, technical risk, and capabilities.
- Maintain technical project responsibility for assigned products and projects and work closely with senior engineers and company management to provide status on progress on project development tasks.
- Assist in developing test plans and driving product regression test efforts.
- Support business development activities related to signal processing products. This includes performing demonstrations, publishing articles, developing datasheet and website content, writing application notes, etc.
- Serve as an individual contributor to internal research and development projects.
Experience and Skills:
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
- 2+ years related experience
- Experience with Test Stand, or similar environment, for test automation
- Experience designing, implementing, troubleshooting, fixing, and testing DSP and digital communications algorithms on FPGAs
- Experience with Matlab, GNURadio, or similar environment
- Experience performing functional verification using HDL simulation tools
- Strong debugging and problem solving skills
- Strong systems engineering skills
- Proficiency using RF instrumentation such as signal generators, oscilloscopes, and spectrum analyzers
- Digital and analog hardware design (e.g. PCB design), debugging, and maintenance
- Be a self-starter, capable of independently identifying, diagnosing, and resolving issues across multiple domains (hardware, firmware, software, algorithms, etc.) without significant oversight or supervision
- Experience with high-level software languages such as C, C++, C#, Java, or similar technologies.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, ability to interact directly with customers
- Some travel required
- Familiarity with SATCOM/Terrestrial links and hardware, ground system architectures, component functionality and testing methods used when integrating large communications systems
- Familiarity with relevant subject matter and technologies, such as: RF channel models, RF propagation physics, multipath radio design, adaptive filtering, spectral analysis, geolocation, orbital mechanics, satellite operations, space situational awareness, electronic warfare, UAV operations, etc.
- Experience with Altera FPGAs and development tools
- Experience with Aldec
- Actively maintains working knowledge of current industry standards, technology trends, and emerging technologies relevant to RT Logics business, and has a personal desire to continuously evolve and expand ones skillset, expertise, and personal toolbox
- Familiarity with Windows, Linux, and VxWorks operating systems
- Familiarity with computer networking and analysis tools such as Wireshark
U.S. Citizenship and ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government Security Clearance is required.
RT Logic offers challenging work, an excellent environment, & great benefits! Qualified applicants apply on-line at www.rtlogic.com EOE M/F/D/V Please, no phone calls, agencies or recruiters
Job Tracking ID: RTL:15-003
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Job Type: Full-Time/Regular
Date Updated: May 23, 2017
Job Level: Entry Level (less than 2 years)
Years of Experience: At least 3 Years
Level of Education: BA/BS
Starting Date: ASAP