Kratos Technology & Training Solutions RT Logic Principal Systems Engineer in Colorado Springs, Colorado
RT Logic, a Kratos company, is a leading supplier of real-time signal processing and assured RF and digital communication systems for US Government and commercial aerospace applications (e.g., satellite, UAV, aircraft, missile, launch vehicles, etc). Our innovative products and solutions are used to test, launch, operate, maintain, and assure availability for numerous aerospace missions. We have an exciting opportunity for a Principal Systems Engineer who will guide key R&D; initiatives and assist with the design of customer-driven products and solutions for our Tactical and Network Communications segment.
The qualified candidate will be a collaborative thought leader with the proven ability to facilitate the successful design and development of real time RF, digital and IP communications products and solutions for satellite ground, UAV flight, and/or ISR applications. The qualified candidate will act as the CTO for the business segment, guide strategic R&D; initiatives, assist the segment lead with strategic planning, collaborate across the segment and the enterprise, and coach and mentor engineers. In addition, the successful candidate will have a track record of pleased customers, understanding and representing customer needs and high quality technical proposals.
- Creating product or solution roadmaps based on customer needs
- Winning customer confidence through high integrity communication and designing solutions to solve complex problems
- Expertise with RF and digital/IP communication technologies
- Authoring strategic technical proposals for real time systems
- Best systems engineering practices in an agile, entrepreneurial culture
- Technical advisor/coach/mentor to product engineering teams
- Understanding of software engineering best practices
- Guiding, coaching and mentoring engineers
- Preparing and performing effective presentations demonstrating an ability to communicate comfortably at a highly technical level
- Representing the Tactical and Network Communications segment at industry events
Experience and Skills:
- BSEE/MSEE with 15+ years of progressive experience in applying real time technology to aerospace related applications
- Demonstrated experience in systems engineering, systems architecture
- Demonstrated team leadership and collaboration
- Experience in the following: RF communications, DSP, IP networks, aerospace systems, embedded systems, data encryption/decryption
- Relevant, current industry experience and demonstrated strategic technical insight
- Past hands-on development experience with real time hardware, or software, or FPGA code
- Proven track record of business capture support
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
U.S. Citizenship and ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government Security Clearance is required.
RT Logic offers challenging work, an excellent environment, & great benefits! Qualified applicants apply on-line at www.rtlogic.com EOE M/F/D/V Please, no phone calls, agencies or recruiters.
Job Tracking ID: RTL 16-015
Location: Colorado Springs , CO
Job Type: Full-Time/Regular
Date Updated: February 07, 2017
Job Level: Mid Career (2+ years)
Number of Openings: 1
Level of Education: BA/BS
Starting Date: ASAP