Kratos Technology & Training Solutions SAT SATCOM Network Analyst-NOC in Colorado Springs, Colorado
SAT Corporation, (A wholly owned Kratos Company) is a trusted global satellite communications monitoring, interference detection and geolocation company. SAT Corporation is committed to developing industry practices and new technologies to reduce the costly effects of unwanted interference. SAT Corporations products, SAT-DSA, Monics, satID, and SigMon use patented algorithms, complex science and cutting edge technology to monitor satellite communications for Quality of Service; identifying anomalies, including secondary signals, and geolocating sources of interference. SAT Corporation is also leading the efforts behind streamlining network operations and services/content insight. This is based in our Colorado Springs, CO location and is contingent on Government award of funding.
The duties and responsibilities of the SATCOM Network Analyst shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Perform primary customer interface and respond as required to provide proactive operations management services.
- Perform Satellite communications link QoS monitoring and Service Level Agreement (SLA) validation. Evaluate the quality performance of communication links; respond to and resolve anomalies and alarms.
- Perform Satellite RF interference Detection and Geo-location functions and terminal monitor and control functions.
- Perform daily data entry and general administrative duties required to maintain the Customer Trouble Ticket Portal and associated tickets.
- Review periodic spacecraft and communications link performance and status reports. Coordinate investigation and repopulation of anomalous indications.
- Proficiently utilize all Network Operation Center (NOC) subsystems as tools to perform position functions as required.
- Perform all NOC position duties in accordance with published methods and procedures.
- The Network Operations Center (NOC) is manned 24/7. All SNA positions will support the established, coverage shift schedule. Working rotating hours/day/weekend shift will be required. Work flexibility is required and must be willing to work off-hours/days in support of critical programs, customers or other incidents deemed critical by leadership.
- Perform other functions as directed by shift lead or NOC supervisor.
- Perform Geolocation solution set analysis per customer contracts and SLA requirements. Review analysis previously performed.
- Review Customer Deliverables (Reports, Geo-location Initial and Final Reports, etc) to ensure all customer and contractual requirements are met.
- Perform Author and Reviewer roles in Policy and Procedure development.
- Conduct On-the-Job Training (OJT) of new and/or more junior Analysts.
- Perform Shift Supervisor duties and assume NOC Supervisor functions as required.
Experience and Skills:
Associates Degree in Electronics/Information Technology (IT) or equivalent military or civilian technical school training.
Minimum five years related experience in military and/or commercial SATCOM network payload operations management and control.
Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
Experience in using RF Spectrum Analyzers, Signal Generators and/or Digital Signal Processors.
Experience with Satellite Interference Detection and Carrier Monitoring Systems
Excellent troubleshooting skills.
Exceptional written and verbal skills.
Prior commercial or Government Network Operations Center (NOC) experience.
This position is contingent on award of Government funding. Minimum of a current DOD Secret (S) on day of hire preferable; with the ability to maintain active clearance throughout employment, or capable of obtaining an Interim Secret (IS) within 90 days of hire.
U.S. Citizenship and the ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government Security Clearance is required. SAT Corporation offers challenging work, an excellent environment, & great benefits! EOE M/F/D/V. Please, no phone calls, agencies or recruiters.
Job Tracking ID: SAT:15-009
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Job Type: Full-Time/Regular
Date Updated: April 25, 2016
Job Level: Mid Career (2+ years)
Years of Experience: More than 5 Years
Level of Education: Associate
Starting Date: ASAP