Focus on the Family Volunteer - Online Mentor in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Essential Duties/Responsibilities/Volunteer Qualifications/Requirements:
The Volunteer Online Mentor will connect online with people all over the world on behalf of Focus on the Family, offering encouragement and prayer, while directing them towards various Focus resources in an effort to help their families thrive in Christ.
This online role will join and participate in social media platforms such as discussion boards, forums and blogs where people are discussing topics related to the family including marriage, parenting, child rearing, the sanctity of life, evangelism and the culture. Prior to engagement, extensive training will be provided. Due to the nature of this role, information of a sensitive nature may be encountered; therefore, only candidates 18 years of age and above will be considered. All participants will be subject to a background check.
- If you love interacting on social media
- If you're willing to share the Gospel
- If you’re passionate about Focus on the Family
- If you love to share helpful resources with others
Then, this may be the online missionary opportunity for you.
- Exhibit teamwork and a positive attitude
- Contribute to the overall goals of Focus on the Family
- Must have own computer (desktop or laptop) or tablet and high speed internet connection (preferably a 6MB/sec via cable or DSL)
- Have or be willing to open a Yahoo or Gmail account
Exemplifies Ephesians 5:1-2, “Therefore be imitators of God as dear children and walk in love, as Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us...”
Pursues the Great Commission given by Jesus Christ in Matthew 28:19-20, “Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”
Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ; maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Focus; adheres to the Standard of Moral Conduct and Statement of Faith; upholds Focus on the Family's ministry in prayer
Prays personally for Focus on the Family’s staff and constituents
Engages in Christian ministry
Demonstrates behaviors aligned with FOF core values
Personal Characteristics/ Skills, Abilities, and Special Talents/Gifts:**
- Demonstrates a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Represents Focus in a professional manner as a volunteer
- Willingness to serve people and show kindness
- Comfortable engaging online
- Proficient in navigating through social media channels
- Proficient Speller and Written Communicator
*Additional Notes: This position is a volunteer position only. There will be NO compensation for this position. *
If you are interested in applying to be an Online Mentor Volunteer with Focus on the Family,
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO APPLY.
Focus on the Family is a non-profit, 501(c)3 religious organization dedicated to helping families thrive.
Tracking Code: 840-450
Job Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
Position Type: Temporary