Enterprise Community Parnters 16:PAR-077: Accountant in Columbia, Maryland
The Accountant will be an integral part of the Enterprise Finance team. This position will report to the Assistant Controller, and will assist with a variety of corporate accounting related functions. The Accountant will handle the processing cash receipts, maintain our fixed asset system, assist with payroll related accounting and employee time reporting, prepare bank reconciliations, assist accounts payable by overseeing vendor setup and maintenance and perform ad hoc analysis. Additionally, the Accountant will assist with financial close tasks including account reconciliation and financial reporting. The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic, effective part of the Finance team. This position requires excellent organizational, analytical, computer, and prioritization skills, and the ability to work well in a fast-paced team environment.
- Monitor all bank accounts and ensuring that all receipts are timely and accurately recorded.
- Process credit card payments received from donors using credit card processing software.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations and recording any related journal entries.
- Responsible for vendor set up and maintenance in the accounts payable module.
- Maintain fixed asset database. This includes managing the full fixed asset cycle, including recording additions, disposals, monthly depreciation and preparing depreciation reports for financial reporting and tax reporting.
- Work with the Assistant Controller, Controller and Director on the monthly, quarterly and yearly financial closes. This includes the preparation of analyses, reconciliations, journal entries and assisting with preparation of financial reports.
- Support the Payroll Finance team by taking primary responsibility for monitoring and following up with employees and supervisors to ensure employee time is reported and approved in the PeopleSoft Timesheet System in a timely manner each pay period.
- Assist with timesheet training for all employees, research of admin time code issues, and billing of shared staff services between Enterprise entities.
- Assist with various other payroll department related accounting tasks including reconciling payroll general ledger accounts, making journal entries to PeopleSoft to record payroll related items, and other tasks as assigned. Maintain confidentiality at all times when dealing with payroll information.
- Assist with the annual financial audit. This includes preparation of audit schedules, answering auditor questions regarding cash receipts and fixed assets, providing audit support, etc.
- Assist in the maintenance of accounting files.
- Complete other ad hoc tasks and projects as assigned.
Not applicable to this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required.
- CPA designation, or working towards designation a plus.
- Minimum of 1-2 years experience in corporate accounting environment preferred, will consider strong entry-level candidates w/ Accounting degree
- Proficient with Excel and Word and ability to quickly learn new software and systems required.
- Experience with accounting systems preferred, experience with PeopleSoft a plus.
- Strong organizational skills; able to work with supervisor to coordinate and prioritize complex activities with conflicting demands to meet tight deadlines.
- Must be self motivated and dependable, displaying initiative to take on more responsibility and question the status quo.
- Able to work effectively both independently and in team environments.
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills.
- Must demonstrate strong ethics and professionalism, and understand how to work with confidential information.
- This position requires mandatory overtime as directed and approved by direct manager.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions
- Ability to work under stress/pressure.
Company: Enterprise Community Investment
Location: Columbia, Maryland