Software Specialists Inc Sr. App Dev Systems Analyst in Columbia, South Carolina
Candidate Required Technical Background:
- 5 years of COBOL experience.
- 5 years of CICS experience.
- 5 years of DB2 experience.
- 5 years of IMS database experience. ALL candidates need to have RECENT IMS database experience. There is NO budging with this requirement. Candidates need to have at least used IMS within the last 6 months to a year.
- 5 years JCL experience.
- 5 years ENDEVOR experience.
- 5 years Easytrieve Plus experience.
- APS experience is only highly desired, and is not required for this position.
- 20% Produce deliverables related to the assigned project. Perform analysis, design, programming, and implementation of systems and procedures to solve complex business or scientific problems. Evaluate interrelationships in immediate programming area to determine how changes in one program will affect another related area. Apply conversions and enhancements to business systems. May lead or provide expertise on assigned projects.
- 20% Work closely with customers, business analysts, and team members to understand business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions. Ensure solutions are aligned with business and IT strategies and comply with the organization’s architectural standards. Assist in post-implementation support and system enhancements.
- 20% Develop design and functional specifications. Make recommendations towards the development of new code or reuse of existing code. Responsibilities may also include participation in component and data architecture design, performance monitoring, product evaluation and buy versus build recommendations.
- 15% Design and develop IT systems. Devise new sources of data and develop new approaches and techniques. Involved in the full systems life cycle and is responsible for designing, coding, testing, implementing, maintaining and supporting complex application software that is delivered on time and within budget.
- 15% Provide guidance to lower level programmers/analysts. Act as an internal consultant by providing technical guidance on complex projects. Determine and resolve problems with other systems analysts, programmers, and systems users.
- 10% Test designed programs, verify logic, perform any necessary “debugging,” and write the documentation.
Employment Type: Contract
Duration: 12 Months
Pay Rate: 31.76 - 46.76