G6 Hospitality General Reservations Agent in COLUMBUS, Ohio
General Reservations Agent
OH - COLUMBUS
First Open Date:
The General Reservations Agent is responsible for presenting a sales opportunity to every caller. Responsibilities also include adding, changing or canceling reservations in a professional, efficient manner, which reflects the corporate standard of outstanding hospitality.
The individual occupying this position must be able to perform essential job functions set forth below with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
This document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the individual occupying this position. This is a representative list of the general duties, and it is not intended to be all-inclusive.
– To promptly, professionally and courteously handle customer inquiries about reservations for Motel 6 and Studio 6 in an inbound call center environment
– To conduct oneself in a professional manner and utilize proper phone etiquette in an effort to build customer relations and maintain a positive brand image
– To positively offer, educate, persuade and sell customers on the benefits of booking and securing their reservation with Motel6/Studio6
– To consistently achieve all performance standards by following established techniques, policies and procedures and through taking ownership for application of coaching
– To demonstrate a full understanding of the Motel 6/Studio 6 brand during every sales opportunity and communicating accurately and concisely the services, amenities and policies of the company.
– To accurately direct customers to the appropriate departments in an effort to handle specialized needs (Groups/Guest Relations)
– To familiarize oneself with new procedures and department objectives
– To provide the highest of service by using all available resources when providing customers information...such as selling over to different locations when applicable, closest Motel 6/Studio 6 etc.
– To effectively and efficiently utilize all equipment as instructed
– To complete all other duties as needed or required
• Job Requirements:
– Effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with guests, properties, and other team members
– Ability to actively listen, interpret, adapt to and resolve guest inquiries
– Ability to read and interpret documents and instructions from guests, hotels, and other team members
– Maintain an acceptable level of performance with sales, call quality and other key business metrics
– Work within an appropriate level of independence and remaining on task
– Adaptable to change and willingness to lead by example
– Adhere to all corporate and departmental policies as outlined in the Corporate Team Member Handbook
– Consult, influence and sell customers
– Develop a positive rapport with customers, team members and management
– Identify and communicate all potential issues, problems and/or concerns to a management
– Self-motivated, strong initiative and results oriented
– Ability to handle the stress of a fast paced, high call volume work environment
– Remaining dependable and reliable with actions even when facing adversity
• Minimum Qualifications and Skills:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong time management and organizational skills with basic math and problem solving capabilities
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills including listening and people skills
• Basic computer skills and comprehension
• Reasonable schedule flexibility
• Maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time