Stanley Black and Decker Service Technician Embedded in Columbus, Ohio
Are you interested in joining one of the world’s largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic companies? If so, you have come to the right place. Stanley Black & Decker is unique in that we have a rich and storied history dating back to 1843.
Being part of the Stanley team means thriving in an environment of constant innovation and positive change. It means delivering electronic security solutions that our customers count on every day to ensure the safety of our communities, schools, airports and hospitals.
If you’d like to be a part of the number one global electronic security solutions team that makes our world a more secure place read on...
- Service access control, intrusion, and CCTV security systems.
- Perform scheduled, routine preventive maintenance on a variety of equipment/systems under contract agreement by inspecting, adjusting, cleaning, and calibrating systems and checking out equipment to ensure it's in satisfactory working order.
- Complete maintenance, within assigned Labor Load PM hours, in a manner that reduces emergency calls and results in achieving the goal of zero call backs.
- May plan schedules, lay out basic electrical equipment installations, and assist in the start-up and check-out of new system installations.
- Responsible for advanced troubleshooting, programming and configuration associated with industry software packages, operating systems and PC hardware.
- Present a professional image both in personal and vehicle appearance.
- Perform work assignments in a safe manner and within specified cost limits.
- Promote, build, and maintain good customer relations and assists with contract retention.
- Train other installers, sales representatives, and customer service representatives on mechanical products.
- Maintain company propriety and documentation in accordance with established policies; handle proprietary information in the prescribed manner; adhere to and supports Stanley Convergent Security Solutions, Inc. policies and procedures including all safety requirements.
- Keep abreast of changes and new developments in products and technology. Attend and complete training programs as requested.
- Must hold 5+ years experience installing and/or servicing intrusion, access control, and CCTV security systems
- Knowledge of industry standards BHMA, ASTM, DHI and UL
- Strong emphasis on PC software/hardware including databases, operating systems and networking. A+, and/or Net+ Certifications preferred
- Lenel Certification highly preferred
- CCTC IP experience highly preferred
- Climb ladders that extend up to 24 ft. in height
- Carry items up to 75 pounds
- Ability to work on-call covering after hours & weekend emergency calls
- A valid state driver’s license, without restrictions is required
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Vocational/Technical Degree in electrical, security or computer systems preferred
Stanley Black & Decker is an equal opportunity employer, and offers employees a competitive benefits package.
Requisition Number: 42238BR
Title: Service Technician Embedded
Business: US - SSS - CSS
State / Country / Province: Ohio
No. of Positions: 1
EEO Statement: All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law