Army National Guard Units (Title 32) SUPERVISOR FACILITY DESIGN & PROJECT MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST (MILITARY MEMBERSHIP) in Columbus, Ohio
Army National Guard Units (Title 32)
1 vacancy in the following location:
- Columbus, OH
Work Schedule is Full Time - Permanent
Opened Friday 9/30/2016 (25 day(s) ago)
** Closes Monday 10/31/2016 (6 day(s) away)
The Ohio National Guard seeks to employ high quality applicants for Federal Technician positions. This position requires military membership in the Ohio National Guard.
Military Unit and Address:
CFMO 2825 West Dublin Granville Rd AGOH-CS Columbus, OH 43235 USA
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP REQUIRED
This position is located in ARNG Construction and Facilities Management Office, Design and Project Management Branch. The primary purpose of this position is to manage, program, and execute ARNG major/minor construction and renovation projects in a geographically separated area. This requires the ability to execute construction projects, on time and within budget, which directly affects the state's success in meeting ARNG mission and the Adjutant General's goals. In addition, this position is responsible for conducting Architect and Engineer (A&E;) firm selection boards, preparing and presenting briefings, and implementing the ARNG energy program for new construction. Oversees the project management of all construction and renovation projects. Serves as a Contracting Officer's Representative (COR) and assumes the duties of the CFMO as needed. Supervises the work of the function. Supervisory duties require a minimum of 25% of the incumbent's time.
DO NOT SEND APPLICATIONS TO THE ADDRESS LISTED BELOW
Apply using the instructions in the "How to Apply" section
The Ohio National Guard is an Equal Opportunity Employer
(1) Administers, coordinates, and verifies design work and projects performed by A&E; firms, characterized by large funding costs and long duration times. Prepares design scopes of work that reference NGB design criteria and establishes standards for project design. Selects, or recommends selection of A&E; firms for award of design contracts. Manages and schedules design development and obtains Federal/state approval at each design stage through to completion. Chairs and coordinates meetings between facility users and design teams (comprised of Contract Manager, A & E Firm, user, Environmental Manager, Maintenance and Repair, Range Officer, & Logistics/ Ammunitions Officer) and ensures that work stays within NGB design and space criteria for economical utilization of facilities and equipment. Responsible for reviewing, accepting or amending work by A&E; firms and rejecting work not meeting established standards. Reviews payment requests for accuracy, verifies work billed, and recommends payment. Proposes new policies and methods to meet unique mission requirements and develops new methods, as required.
(2) Requests construction funding. Working in concert with the Contracting Officer, manages the bidding process and recommends award of construction contract to responsive bidder according to established guidelines. Reviews contractors' description of materials and equipment for acceptability subsequent to contract award; reviews and approves shop drawings, work and material schedules; assists in coordinating construction and renovation activities; reviews contractors cost breakdown; and provides advice on proposed contract substitutions and/or deviations from contracts. Administers, coordinates and verifies construction work and projects performed by contractors involving large funding costs and long duration times. Conducts regular construction progress meetings and resolves differences among the design team, contractors and facility users. Resolves disputes over plans and specifications.
Coordinates change orders, approvals and availability of funds. Advises Contracting Officer of project deviations. Verifies eligibility for partial payments to contractors on completed portions of overall projects. Conducts substantial and final completion inspections and verifies expenditure of appropriated Federal and state funds. Coordinates initial start up and movement of users into the new facility. Manages and verifies work performed during the warranty period. Resolves disputes between the contractor and maintenance personnel that arise during the warranty period and assigns responsibility for repair work. Conducts end-of- warranty inspection.
(3) Represents the CFMO at meetings and conferences with other ARNG representatives as well as NGB, state, and other government agencies. Prepares and conducts briefings for all levels of government.
(4) Provides guidance on the development of building environmental, energy, security, and communication systems both for programmed new construction and for retrofit of existing buildings. Prepares initial plans and specifications for alterations/repairs. Investigates construction requests to determine propriety. Determines the initial scope of minor and recurring construction projects through coordination and consultation with using agencies. Identifies and/or recommends appropriate funding sources. Reviews and processes programming documents to include project booklets, initial cost estimates for construction, maintenance, or facilities repair projects and development of project booklets. Reviews historical maintenance data and writes reports to explain technical difficulties in upgrading facilities; and recommends useable solutions to meet mission requirements. Assists facility managers in determining safe, effective, and economical use and operation of ARNG facilities.
(5) Performs other duties as assigned.
- Occasional Travel
- In and around State.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Minimum Military Rank/Grade: WO1/W-1
- Maximum Military Rank/Grade: LTC/O-5
This is a Permanent Excepted Service position
Military Membership in the Ohio National Guard is required
Minimum Military Grade: W-1/WO1
Maximum Military Grade:O-5/LTC
Compatible Military Assignment: Army Officer OBR: 01A WOBR:011A
If you are willing to take a demotion to be considered for this position you must clearly indicate your intentions in your resume.
It is not necessary for applicants to possess the MOS/AFSC listed as compatible to the position in order to apply. It is, however, the applicant's responsibility to acquire a compatible MOS/AFSC within 1 year of appointment. Coordinate with your unit's training representative to determine whether or not you can qualify for a specific MOS/AFSC and/or receive training.
General Experience:Experience, education, or training which has provided the applicant with a knowledge of equipment, maintenance work, or skill in reading engineering drawings and specifications, using test instruments, making computations, and keeping records. Experience using computer and automation systems.
APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT A RESUME THAT ADDRESSES THE SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCES AND KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES LISTED BELOW. THE RESUME MUST INCLUDE DATES INDICATING WHEN THE WORK WAS PERFORMED.
Specialized Experience: (GS-12 and above) - 36 months experience which has provided the applicant with the following:
Experience applying principles, concepts, and methods of equipment, facility or services operations sufficient in designing projects or planning assignments.
Experience using well-established occupational methods and techniques to determine facility, grounds, equipment overhaul, maintenance, restoration, repair needs, printing design layout, etc.
Experience working and serving as the contractor representative to ensure compliance with the contract scheduling and sequence of operations.
Experience coordinating work forces and resources and negotiation with maagement or clients concerning problems.
Experience in managing the function of the work to be performed; experience which includes leading, directing and assigning work of personnel.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION: NOTE: College Transcripts are required if you wish to use Education as a substitution for experience or if a degree is a requirement for the position. A copy of the transcript must be submitted with the Job Application. Study successfully completed in a college, university, technical or vocational school may be substituted for experience at the rate of one year of study (30 semester hours or 20 classroom hours of instruction per week) for 6 months of experience. Courses must be directly related to the work of the position.
This position is being announced in accordance with state merit promotion procedures and collective bargaining agreement. Wearing of the appropriate military uniform is required while employed in this position. Permanent change of duty station (PCS) funds are not available.
If you are an AGR and are selected for this position, you will be required to vacate your AGR status.
Successful applicant will be assigned to a compatible military position in an appropriate unit of assignment in the Ohio National Guard.
What To Expect Next
Once the online questionnaire is received you will receive an acknowledgement email that your submission was successful. After a review of your complete application is made you will be notified of your qualification status and/or referral to the hiring official. If further evaluation or interviews are required you will be contacted.
Instructions for completing the OPM 1203-FX:
If you are applying to this announcement by completing the OPM 1203-FX form instead of using the Online Application method, please use the following step-by-step instructions as a guide to filling out the required questionnaire. You will need to print the vacancy announcement and refer to it as you answer the questions. You may omit any optional information; however, you must provide responses to all required questions. Be sure to double check your application before submission.
The following Web addresses are provided for your reference to explore the major benefits offered to most Federal employees.
Main site for new federal employees - http://www.opm.gov/insure/newemploy/index.asp
Flexible Spending Accounts - This Program allows you to pay for certain health and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars. For additional information visit: https://www.fsafeds.com/fsafeds/index.asp
Health Insurance - The FEHB Program offers over 100 optional plans. For additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/insure/health/index.asp
Leave - Most Federal employees earn both annual and sick leave. For additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/oca/leave/index.asp
Life Insurance - The FEGLI Program offers Basic Life Insurance plus three types of optional insurance, for additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/insure/life/index.asp
Long Term Care Insurance - The FLTCIP provides long term care insurance for Federal employees and their parents, parents-in-law, stepparents, spouses, and adult children. For additional information visit: http://www.ltcfeds.com/
Retirement Program - Almost all new employees are automatically covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS). FERS is a three-tiered retirement plan. The three tiers are: Social Security Benefits, Basic Benefit Plan, Thrift Savings Plan. For additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/retire/index.asp
- Do not send applications to the mailing address or email address on this announcement. Apply only online or via the fax number provided in the section entitled "How to Apply."**
2. If you are a current career or career-conditional Federal employee or former Federal employee who has reinstatement eligibility,you must submit a copy of your latest SF-50 "Notification of Personnel Action" and/or a copy of the SF-50 that reflects career or career-conditional tenure, or you will not be considered under the merit promotion process. Also, you should submit your most recent performance appraisal.
3. If you are a male applicantwho was born after 12/31/59 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency.
Salary Range: $72,913.00 to $94,786.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-1601-12/12
Supervisory Status: Yes
Who May Apply: Open to Military Members of the Ohio Army National Guard
Control Number: 451698500
Job Announcement Number: JA 16-459-T