Army National Guard Units (Title 32) SUPERVISORY HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST in Columbus, Ohio
Army National Guard Units (Title 32)
1 vacancy in the following location:
- Columbus, OH
Work Schedule is Full Time - Permanent
Opened Friday 9/23/2016 (31 day(s) ago)
** Closes Monday 10/24/2016 (0 day(s) away)
The Ohio Army National Guard seeks to employ high quality applicants for Federal Technician positions. This position requires military membership in the Ohio Army National Guard.
Military Unit and Address:
Office of the State Surgeon
2825 West Dublingranville Rd Columbus, OH 43235 USA
OHIO ARMY NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP REQUIRED
POSITION DESCRIPTION #D2004000
This position is located in the Office of the State Surgeon of the Army National Guard (ARNG). The purpose of this position is to supervise and manage two or more of the following human resource programs: Health Services Program, to include Line of Duty (LOD), Incapacitation Pay (INCAP), Warrior Transition Unit (WTU), Active Duty Medical Extension (ADME), Medical Retention Processing 2 (MRP2), and Medical Boards to include MOS Medical Review Board (MMRB), Medical Evaluation Board (MEB), and Physical Evaluation Board (PEB).
**Must obtain a favorably adjudicated NACI/Tier 1 or higher-level check prior to technician-employment start date
DO NOT SEND APPLICATIONS TO THE ADDRESS LISTED BELOW
Apply using the instructions in the "How to Apply" section
The Ohio National Guard is an Equal Opportunity Employer
(1) Develops, implements and evaluates the personnel and administrative policies for the Brigade/Group/Troop Command. Serves as the primary advisor for the command in the areas of personnel, legal, and medical operations. Provides oversight for and consolidates unit level feeder reports. Analyzes and/or prepares the personnel reporting areas of the Brigade/Group/Troop Command level organizational readiness report. Reviews legal documentation and provides recommendations for appropriate actions and/or forwarding to higher headquarters. Develops command level guidance and oversees the implementation of the enlisted promotion management system. Ensures timely completion of military personnel evaluation reports. Provides assistance and guidance in the preparation of officer promotion packets for required board actions. Responsible for planning and coordinating health service support (i.e. annual medical certification, vaccinations, physicals, profiles, medical review boards, etc) for the command. Executes command level inspections in the area of personnel and administration. Plans for the establishment and operation of the Administrative and Logistics Operations Center. Develops and implements tactical standing operating procedures for personnel and medical operations.
(2) Makes day-to-day decisions for the commander in the area of personnel assignments. Investigates and recommends, as directed, appropriate action on incidents, accidents, and complaints involving subordinate units' personnel. Ensures the completion of line of duty (LOD) investigations and responds to congressional inquiries and IG complaints. Maintains oversight for financial, legal, and medical concerns of assigned personnel.
(3) Reviews, analyzes, and provides recommendations relative to proposed Modified Table of Organization and Equipment (MTOE) and/or force structure changes to determine the impact on personnel authorizations. Resolves issues concerning organizational personnel structure and full time manning resulting from implementation of new MTOEs.
(4) Performs other duties as assigned.
* A more comprehensive detailed description of the position may be found in Position Description "D2004000" in the employing unit or in the Human Resources Office *
- Not Required
- U.S. Citizenship
- Minimum Military Grade: E-7/SFC
- Maximum Military Grade: E-9/SGM
- Open to permanent technicians of the Ohio Army National Guard.
**This is a Permanent Excepted Service position Military Membership in the Ohio Army National Guard is required This is a Bargaining Unit position
Open to permanent technicians of the Ohio Army National Guard.
Minimum Military Grade: E-7/SFC
Maximum Military Grade: E-9/SGM
Compatible Military Assignment: EMOS:42A, 68W
If you are willing to take a demotion to be considered for this position you must clearly indicate your intentions in your resume. It is not necessary for applicants to possess the MOS listed as compatible to the position in order to apply. It is, however, the applicant's responsibility to acquire a compatible MOS within 1 year of appointment. Coordinate with your unit's training representative to determine whether or not you can qualify for a specific MOS and/or receive training.
General Experience: Experience, education or training which involves the exercise of analytical ability, judgment, discretion, and personal responsibility, and application of a substantial body of knowledge of principles, concepts and practices applicable to one or more fields of administration or management. Experience using computer and automation systems.
APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT A RESUME THAT ADDRESSES THE SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCES AND KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES LISTED BELOW. THE RESUME MUST INCLUDE DATES INDICATING WHEN THE WORK WAS PERFORMED.
Specialized Experience: (GS-11)- 36 months experience in Human Resources Management which the applicant demonstrates:Experience, education, or training involving the administering, delivering, maintaining, advising, and adapting advanced concepts, principles, and theories of Human Resources to the unique organizational, management, and mission requirements. Experience assisting in the development of Human Resources policies and procedures. Experience advising management on Human Resources principles and practices.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION: Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in any field leading to a bachelor's degree, in an accredited college or university, meets the GS-5 level requirements.
This position is being announced in accordance with state merit promotion procedures and collective bargaining agreement. Wearing of the appropriate military uniform is required while employed in this position. Permanent change of duty station (PCS) funds are not available.
If you are an AGR and are selected for this position, you will be required to vacate your AGR status.
Successful applicant will be assigned to a compatible military position in an appropriate unit of assignment in the Ohio National Guard.
What To Expect Next
Once the online questionnaire is received you will receive an acknowledgement email that your submission was successful. After a review of your complete application is made you will be notified of your qualification status and/or referral to the hiring official. If further evaluation or interviews are required you will be contacted.
Instructions for completing the OPM 1203-FX:
If you are applying to this announcement by completing the OPM 1203-FX form instead of using the Online Application method, please use the following step-by-step instructions as a guide to filling out the required questionnaire. You will need to print the vacancy announcement and refer to it as you answer the questions. You may omit any optional information; however, you must provide responses to all required questions. Be sure to double check your application before submission.
The following Web addresses are provided for your reference to explore the major benefits offered to most Federal employees.
Main site for new federal employees - http://www.opm.gov/insure/newemploy/index.asp
Flexible Spending Accounts - This Program allows you to pay for certain health and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars. For additional information visit: https://www.fsafeds.com/fsafeds/index.asp
Health Insurance - The FEHB Program offers over 100 optional plans. For additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/insure/health/index.asp
Leave - Most Federal employees earn both annual and sick leave. For additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/oca/leave/index.asp
Life Insurance - The FEGLI Program offers Basic Life Insurance plus three types of optional insurance, for additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/insure/life/index.asp
Long Term Care Insurance - The FLTCIP provides long term care insurance for Federal employees and their parents, parents-in-law, stepparents, spouses, and adult children. For additional information visit: http://www.ltcfeds.com/
Retirement Program - Almost all new employees are automatically covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS). FERS is a three-tiered retirement plan. The three tiers are: Social Security Benefits, Basic Benefit Plan, Thrift Savings Plan. For additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/retire/index.asp
- Do not send applications to the mailing address or email address on this announcement. Apply only online or via the fax number provided in the section entitled "How to Apply."**
2. If you are a current career or career-conditional Federal employee or former Federal employee who has reinstatement eligibility,you must submit a copy of your latest SF-50 "Notification of Personnel Action" and/or a copy of the SF-50 that reflects career or career-conditional tenure, or you will not be considered under the merit promotion process. Also, you should submit your most recent performance appraisal.
3. If you are a male applicantwho was born after 12/31/59 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency.
Salary Range: $60,831.00 to $79,080.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-0201-11/11
Supervisory Status: Yes
Who May Apply: Open to Military Members of the Ohio Army National Guard.
Control Number: 451096100
Job Announcement Number: JA 16-417-T