Army National Guard Units (Title 32) SURFACE MAINTENANCE MECHANIC SUPERVISOR in Columbus, Ohio
Army National Guard Units (Title 32)
1 vacancy in the following location:
- Columbus, OH
Work Schedule is Full Time - Temporary Promotion NTE 2 years
Opened Wednesday 10/12/2016 (8 day(s) ago)
** Closes Wednesday 10/26/2016 (6 day(s) away)
The Ohio National Guard seeks to employ high quality applicants for Federal Technician positions. This position requires military membership in the Ohio National Guard.
Military Unit and Address:
CSMS 3990 East Broad St Bldg #6 Columbus, OH 43213 USA
This is a Temporary Promotion Not to Exceed 2 years
This position is located in the Joint Forces HeadquartersState, Logistics Directorate (J-4), Surface Maintenance Facility. The purpose of this position is to supervise workers directly or through subordinate leaders and/or supervisors in accomplishing work of the function. Plans work operations of great scope, complexity, and administrative authority. Determines the sequence, priority, and time for performance of operations within the limits of broad work schedules and time limits. The occupation and non-supervisory grade level which best reflects the nature of the overall work operations supervised is Surface Maintenance Mechanic, WG-5801-11.
DO NOT SEND APPLICATIONS TO THE ADDRESS LISTED BELOW
Apply using the instructions in the "How to Apply" section
The Ohio National Guard is an Equal Opportunity Employer
(1) Planning: Plans use of subordinate workers, equipment, facilities, and materials on a week-to-week or month-to-month basis. Establishes deadlines, priorities, and work sequences, and plans work assignments based on general work schedules, methods, and policies set by the supervisor. Coordinates work with supporting or related work functions controlled by other supervisors. Determines the number and types of workers needed to accomplish specific projects. Determines skills, materials, and equipment required to do the work. Redirects individual workers and resources to accomplish unanticipated work. Informs the supervisor of the need to revise work schedules and re-estimate labor and other resources. (2) Work Direction: Assigns tasks to be performed based on readiness and explains work requirements, methods, and procedures. Investigates work related problems such as excessive costs or low productivity and determines causes. Implements corrective actions within authority to resolve work problems. Recommends solutions to staffing problems, engineering requirements, and work operations directed by other supervisors. Ensures work in progress and completed work meets established standards by implementation of a quality control and assurance program within the organization. (3) Administration: Plans and establishes overall leave schedules. Determines training needs of subordinates and arranges for accomplishment. Sets performance standards, and makes formal appraisals of subordinate work performance. Initiates recommendations for promotion or reassignment of subordinates. Ensures that regulations governing safety and housekeeping are observed with appropriate protective clothing and equipment being utilized. (4) Performs other duties as assigned.
* A more comprehensive detailed description of the position may be found in Position Description D1291000 in the employing unit or in the Human Resources Office *
- Not Required
- U.S. Citizenship
- Army, Warrant Officer
- Minimum Military RankGrade: W-4 / CW4
- Maximum Military Rank/Grade: W-5 / CW5
This is a Permanent Excepted Service position
Military Membership in the Ohio National Guard is required
Dual-Status technicians within the Ohio Army National Guard
- Minimum Military Grade: CW4
- Maximum Military Grade: CW5
- Compatible Military Assignment: WOBR 25, 91, 92, 94; WMOS 882A
- Must have a valid State driver's license for the State in which he or she lives or is principally employed.
If you are willing to take a demotion to be considered for this position you must clearly indicate your intentions in your resume.
It is not necessary for applicants to possess the MOS listed as compatible to the position in order to apply. It is, however, the applicant's responsibility to acquire a compatible MOS within 1 year of appointment. Coordinate with your unit's training representative to determine whether or not you can qualify for a specific MOS and/or receive training.
APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT A RESUME THAT ADDRESSES THE SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCES AND KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES LISTED BELOW. THE RESUME MUST INCLUDE DATES INDICATING WHEN THE WORK WAS PERFORMED.
Experience, education, or training which demonstrates that the candidate has the ability to organize assignments for subordinates, estimate material and manpower needed for specific jobs; able to explain manuals and work procedures; and to prepare production records, work records and reports.
Specialized Experience: (WS-11) - 24 months experience in which the applicant demonstrates:
Experience which demonstrates the ability to plan, direct, and organize work assignments for lower grade personnel.
Experience which required the review of work requirements and establishing priorities to meet deadlines.
Experience that provided knowledge of various lines of work performed by this function.
Experience which demonstrates the ability to supervise or the potential to perform such duties as evidenced by the ability to communicate knowledge of general supervisory concepts, and knowledge of shop processes.
Experience in adapting existing equipment and techniques to new situations.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION: NOTE: College Transcripts are required if you wish to use Education as a substitution for experience or if a degree is a requirement for the position. A copy of the transcript must be submitted with the Job Application. Study successfully completed in a college, university, technical or vocational school may be substituted for experience at the rate of one year of study (30 semester hours or 20 classroom hours of instruction per week) for 6 months of experience. Courses must be directly related to the work of the position. Maximum credit is 6 months of specialized experience.
This position is being announced in accordance with state merit promotion procedures and collective bargaining agreement. Wearing of the appropriate military uniform is required while employed in this position. Permanent change of duty station (PCS) funds are not available.
If you are an AGR and are selected for this position, you will be required to vacate your AGR status.
Successful applicant will be assigned to a compatible military position in an appropriate unit of assignment in the Ohio National Guard.
What To Expect Next
Once the online questionnaire is received you will receive an acknowledgement email that your submission was successful. After a review of your complete application is made you will be notified of your qualification status and/or referral to the hiring official. If further evaluation or interviews are required you will be contacted.
Instructions for completing the OPM 1203-FX:
If you are applying to this announcement by completing the OPM 1203-FX form instead of using the Online Application method, please use the following step-by-step instructions as a guide to filling out the required questionnaire. You will need to print the vacancy announcement and refer to it as you answer the questions. You may omit any optional information; however, you must provide responses to all required questions. Be sure to double check your application before submission.
Flexible Spending Accounts - The Federal Flexible Spending Accounts Program (FSAFeds) allows you to pay for certain health and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars. For additional information visit: https://www.fsafeds.com/fsafeds/index.asp
Health Insurance - The Federal Employees Health Benefits Program offers over 100 optional plans. For additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/insure/health/index.asp
Leave - Most Federal employees earn both annual and sick leave. For additional information visit:*http://www.opm.gov/oca/leave/index.asp *Life Insurance - The Federal Employees' Group Life Insurance Program (FEGLI) offers: Basic Life Insurance plus three types of optional insurance, for additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/insure/life/index.asp
Long Term Care Insurance - The Federal Long Term Care Insurance Program (FLTCIP) provides long term care insurance for Federal employees and their parents, parents-in-law, stepparents, spouses, and adult children. For additional information visit: http://www.ltcfeds.com/
Retirement Program - Almost all new employees are automatically covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS). FERS is a three-tiered retirement plan. The three tiers are: Social Security Benefits, Basic Benefit Plan, Thrift Savings Plan. For additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/retire/index.asp
Do not send applications to the mailing address or email address on this announcement. Apply only online or via the fax number provided in the section entitled "How to Apply."
Salary Range: $32.67 to $38.14 / Per Hour
Series & Grade: WS-5801-11/11
Supervisory Status: Yes
Who May Apply: Open to dual-status technicians of the Ohio Army National Guard.
Control Number: 452726800
Job Announcement Number: JA 16-470-T