Washington State WorkSource Specialist 3 (WSS3 4319X) Colville in Colville, Washington
The closing date of this recruitment has been extended and is now open until filled. Applicant review begins on October 12, 2016. The hiring authority reserves the right to make a hiring decision at any time.
Employment Security Department (ESD) is recruiting for a WorkSource Specialist 3 (WSS3). This is the fully qualified professional level and provides a comprehensive array of services to Unemployment Insurance (UI) claimants and other WorkSource customers. The WSS3 assesses employability and identifies potential employment barriers or issues that prevent or inhibit claimants and other customers from actively and successfully seeking work. This position will provide services to help increase employment opportunities for UI claimants and will refer customers to appropriate services designed to benefit their return to work including re-training services as well as supportive services provided by ESD, WorkSource partners and/or community organizations.
- Schedule and conduct UI Re-employment Orientations.
- Apply the UI work test by referring claimants to available job openings.
- Review customer's UI claims to ensure they meet work search requirements under the UI laws.
- Review job readiness, identify potential employment barriers and explore strategies to overcome barriers.
- Report all potential issues and coach customers on methods for effective job search; develop and monitor service plans including the identification of both short-term and long-term employment; develop claimant action plans and work search directives.
- Conduct follow-up to assist UI office and customers.
- Participate, assist and/or facilitate specialized workshops to instruct claimants on requirements for maintaining eligibility to receive unemployment benefits, methods for successful job search including resumes and interviewing.
- Document all appropriate services provided and other required information.
- Conduct individual in-depth interviews to identify potential employment barriers and exploring strategies to overcome barriers.
- Complete full registrations, including assessments and identifying specific next steps to employment. Qualifications
- Awareness-level general knowledge of employment and training state and federal laws, policies, rules, and regulations.
- Working-level knowledge of characteristics associated with unemployed, dislocated, and disadvantaged populations.
- Working-level general knowledge of labor market conditions.
- Working-level oral communication skills - convey information orally according to the needs of the audience, and receive and understand spoken information.
- Awareness-level workload management skills - plan and organize assignments to create timely, accurate work products. Work efficiently, remain focused, and handle interruptions effectively. Supplemental Information
Attach a resume and letter of interest to your on-line application (through the Add Attachment(s) field).
A resume will not substitute for the "work experience" section of the application.
Applications with comments such as "see attachments" or "N/A" in the supplemental question responses will be considered incomplete.
General suggestions for creating a good application packet:
- Read the job posting very carefully. Find out as much as you can about the position.
- Make sure you are very diligent in following all the application instructions. Include all requested documentation.
- Make sure your application and supplemental question responses address how you meet each of the required and desired qualifications.
- Carefully read each of the supplemental questions and respond completely to each one. Pay careful attention to each component of the question, providing examples, and thoroughly describing when and where you achieved the proficiency level, and detail the types of work you performed, the work products, etc., to demonstrate 'how'.
- Specifically include all of your work experiences doing the same or similar work, especially if you reference work in these jobs in describing when/where you gained proficiency level skills.
- Make sure your application reflects your best writing. Other Information As a condition of employment, the successful candidate accepting this position must comply with the Union Security clause contained in the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the State of Washington and the Washington Federation of State Employees.
For inquiries about this opportunity, please contact the Recruitment Team at 360-902-9560 or HRRecruiting@esd.wa.gov.
Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the application process or needing this job announcement in an alternate format should provide their contact information via e-mail or telephone.
Employment Security Department is an equal-opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. Washington Relay Service–711.
If you are having technical difficulties creating, accessing or completing your application, please contact email@example.com or (360) 664-1960 or toll free (877) 664-1960.
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 2016-09466
Department: Employment Security Department
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $36,744.00 - $48,060.00 Annually
Location: Stevens County – Colville, WA