U.S. Vision Market Manager in Concord, North Carolina
*U.S. Vision currently seeks an experienced Optical Market Manager (MM) *to join our BJ’s Optical team to provide leadership to the North Carolina area. This position is based out of either Charlotte or Raleigh metro areas.
The Market Manager is responsible for overseeing business operations, customer service and efficiency improvement throughout all stores within their market. They are responsible for hiring, developing and maintaining strong store teams and host location relationships. The Market Manager is responsible for the achievement of desired business results by providing the necessary tools and support that creates a positive work environment and ensures professional growth and development. The Market Manager reports to the Regional Manager (Southeast).
DUTIES / JOB DESCRIPTION
- Lead by example by providing exceptional customer service and resolving store issues as they arise
- Consistently demonstrate behavior and communication styles that effectively articulate the organizational expectations for professionalism and performance
- Recruit, develop, hire, retain, and lead a high performance team in all stores within their market
- Provide timely coaching and guidance, consistent with performance criteria, in order to help store associates meet their goals
- Demonstrate a proactive approach in addressing personnel-related matters, including recruiting requirements, associate development, disciplinary actions, terminations, etc.
- Build strong working relationships with host store management team
- Cultivate strong working relationships with doctors within stores and the local area
- Recruit doctors as needed for store locations
- Analyze market area , identify and act upon opportunities for growth for the organization
- Develop a collaborative relationship with departmental leaders within the organization
- Control payroll costs by monitoring scheduling and business trends to ensure that all offices are properly staffed to ensure that standards for customer service and sales performance are achieved
- Create, Identify and follow through on promotional opportunities with our host and community partners.
- All other duties as assigned
- Previous experience as an Optical Field Manager is required – bi-lingual is a plus
- Previous sales experience is required in a retail setting
- Ability to adapt to a changing work environment,
- Leadership ability to identify key issues, motivate and empower others and build morale while continuing to generate sales and foster a positive work environment
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task with strong time management skills and the ability to prioritize
- Demonstrated ability to understand and control confidential information
- Good sense of fashion and trends
- Excellent customer service skills
- Flexible schedule required, including the ability to work weekends and evenings
- Strong computer proficiency with Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.
- Must have a valid driver's license
Requisition Number: 1707
Job Title: Market Manager
Area of Interest: Retail
State/Province: North Carolina
Positon Type: Full Time - Regular
Shift: Varies (Weekend Requirement)
Work Hours: Varied