Washington State Physician - CRCC (Connell, WA) in Connell, Washington
Coyote Ridge Corrections Center
The DOC Health Services Division is seeking a highly motivated and dynamic leader for the critical role of Physician 3. This is a full time Monday - Friday day shift position.
COYOTE RIDGE CORRECTIONS CENTER (CRCC) is located on a 60-acre site about 40 miles north of the Tri Cities. Previously a minimum custody facility with a capacity of 625 male offenders, CRCC recently completed a major expansion project that will house over 2,000 offenders and will help shape the future of corrections in Washington State. Balancing security functions with sustainability strategies, green-built Coyote Ridge Corrections Center is designed to protect both the public and the environment. Using 30% recycled materials, efficiency lighting controls and high-efficiency lamps, CRCC has achieved energy efficiency rates that exceed State requirements by more than 10 percent!
This recruitment will remain open until an adequate pool of candidates is established. Application review will be ongoing, and therefore we encourage you to submit your application materials as soon as possible.
Directs and supervises a large medical and/or surgical service in the institution.
Participates in medical treatment of consulting physicians.
Performs diagnostic and treatment of diseases and injuries of patients at the institution.
Works in collaboration with others to ensure staff and resources are in place to provide offenders with appropriate and timely medical services consistent with established standards.
Creates a work environment that values high ethical standards, emphasizes safe, high quality medical care, nurtures teamwork and encourages activities which lead to continuous improvement.
The successful candidate will have:
Valid license to practice medicine and surgery in the State of Washington (or the ability to obtain prior to employment).
Completion of an approved residency program.
Board certified or board eligible.
Possess strong interpersonal skills and experience in directing medical operations.
Exceptional communication skills with the ability to communicate orally and in writing with a variety of individuals ranging from correctional administrator and staff, health care professionals to patient advocates and other laypersons.
Pre-employment process may include drug testing.
'The mission of DOC is to improve public safety.'
For additional information about the agency, please visit www.doc.wa.gov.
- Please include a minimum of three professional references with your application. A professional reference is defined as an individual who has been paid to supervise your work and can attest to your work performance, technical skills, and job competencies. If you do not have any or sufficient professional references, please include non-related professionals, such as educators or other professional associates.
- All DOC employees are fingerprinted for a criminal history background check.
- Employees work with offenders in a potentially hazardous setting. Please consider this when deciding whether to apply.
- We are committed to maintaining a drug and alcohol free work environment, and our employees are expected to comply with all state and federal laws. A pre-employment drug test may be administered as part of the selection process, and applicants who test positive for any controlled substances, will be disqualified from consideration.
- Animal care projects are a common component of most Washington State prisons, including dog and cat programs. Applicants with animal sensitivities or allergies are encouraged to ask about the level of exposure they could expect in this position.
- Tuberculosis is a priority health issue for DOC employees. The successful candidate may be required to provide valid proof of a baseline TB skin test within 60 days from the date of hire. When positive tests result, further information, testing and treatment may also be required. Employment is not contingent upon test results.
- If this position is included in a Union Shop, employees will be required to become members within thirty (30) days of employment.
We are committed to hiring individuals who possess core diversity competencies:
Foster a positive attitude and openness toward the ever changing social and cultural makeup of the workplace.
Work effectively with men and women of different perspectives, abilities, disabilities, races, religions, ages, lifestyle preferences and social, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
Respectfully acknowledge people's differences and recognize these differences as important and valuable.
Be culturally sensitive and appropriate.
Respect and value diverse backgrounds and traditions.
DOC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity diversity, age, honorably discharged veteran, veteran status, genetic information, or the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability or the use of a trained guide dog or service animal by a person with a disability.
For questions about this recruitment, or to request reasonable accommodation in the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org call us at (360) 407-5742.
For TTY service, please call the Washington Relay Service at 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6388.
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 2015-06872
Department: Dept. of Corrections
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $157,236.00 - $206,328.00 Annually
Location: Franklin County – Connell, WA