Washington State Psychology Associate in Connell, Washington
PSYCHOLOGY ASSOCIATE Coyote Ridge Corrections Center (CRCC)
The Department of Corrections is seeking a highly motivated and qualified individual for the position of Psychology Associate at Coyote Ridge Corrections Center located in Connell, WA.
COYOTE RIDGE CORRECTIONS CENTER (CRCC) is located on a 60-acre site about 40 miles north of the Tri-Cities. CRCC is comprised of two-complexes. The Medium Security Complex (MSC) is a 2,048 bed facility that houses offenders with Medium and MI3 Custody. MSC consists of 4 Hybrid units and 4 Medium units. The Minimum Security Unit (MSU) is a 480 bed facility that houses assisted living and MI2 Custody offenders. MSU consists of 2 units. This is a work/program orientated facility that offers many educational, vocational, and self-help programs and Class II and Class III Correctional Industries work programs.
Whether the work is inside a prison, in community corrections, or in an administrative office, the Washington State Department of Corrections professional staff experience a high degree of personal satisfaction knowing they are creating environments in which all offenders can learn to make choices that contribute to a safer society
Provide diagnostic and treatment services to incarcerated adult male offenders, Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., within the Department of Corrections.
Complete clinical examinations, gather data, summarize information in written documentation, formulate diagnosis using the most current Diagnostic & Statistical Manual (DSM), and develop a therapeutic treatment plan; perform review and summary of information from the inmates' central file for specialized psychological reports; provide appropriate psychological intervention; initiate referrals to and consults other health care staff and may serve as a member of a multi-disciplinary team.
Master's degree in Psychology from an accredited school or department of psychology whose accreditation is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA), _and_one year supervised work experience providing direct psychological services in a mental health facility or like agency.
Doctoral degree in marriage and family therapy, behavioral sciences, mental health counseling, or social work from an accredited graduate school whose accreditation is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA), _and_ two years' supervised work experience providing direct psychological services in a mental health facility or like agency.
Must obtain status as an Agency Affiliated Counselor through the Washington Department of Health or possess a Mental Health Counselor, Marriage and Family Therapist, or Social Worker license from the State of Washington.
Each employee is expected to maintain and adhere to the continuing education requirements for the applicable professional credential. Each employee must adhere to legislation and/or law changes that may affect current licensure and/or registration requirements.
Please attach a copy of your educational transcripts
'The mission of DOC is to improve public safety.'
For additional information about the agency, please visit doc.wa.gov.
Please include a minimum of three professional references with your application. A professional reference is defined as an individual who has been paid to supervise your work and can attest to your work performance, technical skills, and job competencies. If you do not have any or sufficient professional references, please include non-related professionals, such as educators or other professional associates. *Phone number *AND_ email address are required for all professional references._
All DOC employees are fingerprinted for a criminal history background check.
- Employees may work directly with or in close proximity to incarcerated individuals in a potentially hazardous setting. Please consider this when deciding whether to apply.
- We are committed to maintaining a drug and alcohol free work environment, and our employees are expected to comply with all state and federal laws. A pre-employment drug test may be administered as part of the selection process, and applicants who test positive for any controlled substances, will be disqualified from consideration.
- Oleoresin Capsicum (OC) is an aerosol pepper spray made available as a means of self-defense and/or de-escalation. Applicants with sensitivities or allergies are encouraged to ask about the level of exposure they could expect in this position.
- Animal care projects are a common component of most Washington State prisons, including dog and cat programs. Applicants with animal sensitivities or allergies are encouraged to ask about the level of exposure they could expect in this position.
- Tuberculosis (TB) is a priority health issue for DOC employees. The successful candidate may be required to provide valid proof of a baseline TB skin test within 60 days from the date of hire. When positive tests result, further information, testing and treatment may also be required. Employment is not contingent upon test results.
- If this position is included in a Union Shop, employees will be required to become members within thirty (30) days of employment.
We are committed to hiring individuals who possess core diversity competencies:
- Foster a positive attitude and openness toward the ever changing social and cultural makeup of the workplace.
- Work effectively with men and women of different perspectives, abilities, disabilities, races, religions, ages, lifestyle preferences and social, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Respectfully acknowledge people's differences and recognize these differences as important and valuable.
- Promote inclusiveness.
- Be culturally sensitive and appropriate.
- Respect and value diverse backgrounds and traditions.
DOC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity diversity, age, honorably discharged veteran, veteran status, genetic information, or the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability or the use of a trained guide dog or service animal by a person with a disability.
For questions about this recruitment, or to request reasonable accommodation in the application process, please email michael.true@DOC.WA.GOV or call us at (509) 543-5883. For TTY service, please call the Washington Relay Service at 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6388.
Salary: $4,675.00 - $6,133.00 Monthly
Location: Franklin County – Connell, WA
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Department: Dept. of Corrections
Job Number: 2016-02280
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Phone: View Posting for Agency Contact