Interior, Bureau of Indian Affairs Foreman I, Mechanic, Well & Irrigation Pumps in Coolidge, Arizona
Interior, Bureau of Indian Affairs
1 vacancy in the following location:
- Coolidge, AZ
Work Schedule is Full Time - Permanent
Opened Friday 10/7/2016 (14 day(s) ago)
** Closes Monday 10/24/2016 (3 day(s) away)
The Bureau of Indian Affairs is the lead agency for the United States in carrying on a government-to-government relationship with the tribal nations. A challenging and dynamic place to work, it enhances the quality of life, promotes economic opportunity, and carries out the responsibility to protect and improve the trust assets of American Indians, Indian Tribes and Alaska Natives.
Vacancy Identification Number (VIN): 1820389
Copy of current state driver's license is required. Failure to provide proof of current valid driver's license will result in loss of consideration
The Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA), in accordance with the Indian Reorganization Act of 1934 (25 USC 472), gives priority in selection to eligible Indian preference candidates. The BIA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Who May Apply:
- Merit Promotion Plan (MPP) - Current and former career-conditional or status employees.
- Excepted Service (ESEP) - Indian Preference applicants.
- Veterans Preference - Includes Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) applicants.
- Special Hiring Authorities - Common authorities include Schedule A, Peace Corps, Foreign Service employees, etc.
For additional information see the "Other Information" section.
Supervises pump mechanic helper in the well and irrigation pump (W&IP;) section in the irrigation division.
Responsible for the planning, assignment, and review of all work performed by the W&IP; section.
Responsible for planning and coordinating work by contractors and/or consultants.
Works with consultants on well testing program.
Repairs and supervises repairing and installation of deep irrigation wells and equipment.
Ensures preventative maintenance procedures are followed.
Requisitions materials as needed, ensures government credit card purchases are in accordance with federal regulations, bureau, and project policy.
Ensures that the monthly vehicle reports for government purchased or leased vehicles are submitted in a timely manner in accordance to project policy
- Occasional Travel
- Travel may be required for training, conferences, meetings and other work related activities.
- U.S. Citizenship is requried.
- Be sure to read the "How to Apply" and "Requried Documents" section.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Indian Preference applies.
EXPERIENCE: Applicants will be rated in accordance with the OPM Qualification Standard Handbook X-118C; for additional information click here. Although a specific length of time and experience is not required for most trade and labor occupations, you must meet any screen-out element(s) listed, and show through experience and training that you possess the quality level of knowledge and skill necessary to perform the duties of the position at the level for which applying. Qualification requirements emphasis is on the quality of experience, not necessarily the length of time.
*KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): *Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
*Element A (1) * Ability to do the work of the position without more than normal supervision. (Screen-Out)
Element B (73) Ability to lead or supervise. (Screen-Out)
Element C (2E) Knowledge of irrigation equipment assemble, installation, repair, etc.
Element D (25E) Technical Practices
Element E (75A) Ability to interpret instructions, blueprints, specifications, etc.
Element F (81) Ability to use and maintain tools and operate and maintain equipment and measuring instruments.
*Element G (82A) * Knowledge of materials.
Element H (96) Trouble Shooting
Element I (86) -- Safety & Dexterity
NOTE: If you are not in the series for which applying, your application package must show evidence of meeting the OPM Qualification Standards; i.e., required course work (transcript/listing of courses); specialized experience; etc.
**Part-Time or Unpaid Experience: Credit will be given for all appropriate qualifying experience regardless of whether compensation was received or whether the experience was gained in a part-time or full-time occupation. Full-time work is generally considered to be 35 to 40 hours of work per week. Part-time experience will be credited on the basis of time actually spent in appropriate activities. Applicants wishing to receive credit for such experience must indicate clearly the nature of their duties and responsibilities in each position and the number of hours a week spent in such employment.
Conditions of Employment
- Selectee may be subject to a 1-year probationary period.
- Males born after 12/31/59 will be required to complete a certification document to confirm their Selective Service registration if selected for appointment.
- Selectee must have a safe driving record within the 3-year period immediately preceding submittal of the GSA Form 3607 and be able to meet the safe driving requirements of the Agency.
- Former Federal employees who received a Voluntary Separation Incentive Payment (VSIP) buy out in their previous Federal employment are required to submit a copy of the application Notification of Personnel Action (SF-50) regarding the VSIP. The majority of individuals who accept reemployment with the Federal government within 5 years of receiving the VSIP amount, must repay the gross amount of the separation payment prior to re-employment.
- This is a permanent Full-Time Seasonal position and subject to placement in Non-Pay Status when services are not needed due to lack of work, funds or unforeseen circumstances. Career Seasonal positions will be guaranteed a minimum of 26 weeks of full time employment each calendar year, maximum is 50 weeks.
- Selectee must undergo a fingerprint check; results must be cleared prior to hire.
- This position requires a background investigation. Continued employment is contingent upon the outcome of a complete background investigation. If found not suitable, you may be terminated after you begin work.
Q - Nonsensitive
What To Expect Next
If you have properly submitted your online questionnaire, you will receive a confirmation message. You may want to check the spam folder for your email provider to ensure you receive our messages. A review of your application package will be made after the vacancy announcement closes. You will be notified by letter or email of your status. Please allow approximately 2 to 3 weeks for us to complete our review and notify you.
To check the status of your application, log on to your USAJOBS account, click on "Application Status," and then click "More Information." You may also opt to receive email notifications of application status changes by logging into your USAJOBS account and enabling notification alerts.
The Bureau of Indian Affairs offers a comprehensive benefits package: Benefits and additional resources.
Additional benefits information:
- Additional fitness subsidy to reimburse 50% of membership fees up to $275 per year, if applicable.
- Transportation subsidy program which reimburses up to $130 per month for mass transportation expenses. Bicycle subsidy benefit program available, if applicable.
- This position is not eligible for Telework.
Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses will not be paid by the Department. Any travel, transportation and relocation expenses associated with reporting for duty in this position will be the responsibility of the selected employee
Additional selections of candidates may be possible within 90 days from the date the certificate of eligibles was issued for this announcement, for filling additional or similar positions.
Appointing Authority Information
The following links will provide additional information on how you may be eligible for the hiring authorities under this announcement.
Special Hiring Authorities for Veterans
Career Transitional Assistance Program (CTAP)/Interagency Transitional Assistance Program (ICTAP)
Special Hiring Authorities
Salary Range: $34.60 to $34.60 / Per Hour
Series & Grade: BS-5352-00/00
Supervisory Status: Yes
Who May Apply: See Who May Apply listed below
Control Number: 452811300
Job Announcement Number: WRO-16-113