VMware Team Lead Sales Associate Program EMEA (Contract Role) in Cork, Ireland
The EMEA Inside Sales team forms part of VMware’s sales organization across Europe. It is a professional sales organization comprising of a dedicated team of multi-lingual sales professionals. This team is challenged to deliver on a charter that includes; revenue creation, demand generation, and provides a talent pool for the field and various other specialized business units within the VMware family.
The Sales Associate team play a very important demand generation role within Inside Sales.
Areas of Responsibility:
• Responsible for the management of all leads delivered from the marketing organization, within an agreed SLA. Through driving set conversion rates the team will be jointly accountable with EMEA marketing to deliver a pipeline generation target.
• Responsible for driving demand around VMware’s core business and passing these opportunities to the Inside and field sales teams.
• Recruit and select the sales associate team based on criteria agreed upon by management
• Focuses on enablement of the team in line with the business and personal sales goals.
• Works collaboratively with marketing to achieve demand generation goals.
The sales associate team is responsible for driving new opportunities, building customer loyalty, ensuring high product retention rates, supporting and promoting corporate strategy and initiatives, and developing and executing sales campaigns.
The Sales Associate Team Lead is expected to be an expert in three things:
• Education: Managers will themselves become experts on the product portfolio and will be doing hands on training for their sales reps (live training, role playing, call monitoring and joint selling). This also includes creation/tuning of sales materials and call scripts
• Metrics: In addition to demand generation and pipeline measurement, each manager will track daily, weekly and monthly activity metrics on their teams to ensure the team is spending their time on the highest value add actions at all times. They will understand our urgency and execution for success every 90 days.
• Motivation: The Sales Associate team is fast-paced and success driven – the management team is responsible for creating a positive, up-beat environment that cultivates energy, ultimately creates a fun place to work hard, and supports career advancement through positive coaching.
The ideal candidate has a proven track record of success in accelerating sales results, driving change, and leading with passion within an Inside Sales organization. This is a proven leader who has poise, dedication, thoughtfulness, and a true care for individuals and VMware.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (Tasks and Responsibilities):
• Accountable for the management of a team of Sales Associate supporting the EMEA Region with specific country coverage
• Recruit, on board and set up ‘day 1’ activities for this newly formed group
• Work closely with regional managers on integrating the sales associate within the local teams
• Accountable to drive opportunities within the given territories to maximize revenue for VMware, utilizing our leveraged partner network
• Partnering with the appropriate sales teams within region
• Ensures smooth handling of customer interaction
• Accountable for forecasting of pipeline for the given territory. Overall responsibility of people management, performance management and coaching of own team
PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities):
• 4-5+ years’ experience in an Inside Sales environment, specifically with set-up and ongoing management of a multi-country and multi-matrix team, preferably in the high tech industry; software Product Company specifically preferred.
• A demonstrated passion for results and customer satisfaction
• A strong understanding and demonstrated experience in a channel leveraged sales environment
• Strong understanding of processes and best practices within an Inside Sale environment.
• Strong organizational and managerial skills with ability to manage multiple projects
• Capable to manage a diverse group of people to common goals, with the ability to be an individual contributor
• Proven track record of effectively interfacing with cross-functional departments and sales management team
• Proven track record of driven results through coaching of individuals and teams
• Extra Language would be a bonus
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.