Kratos Technology & Training Solutions Engineering Technician in Dahglren, Virginia
Perform technical tasks to assist engineers with electronic systems. Conduct engineering tests and detailed experimental testing, solving mechanical or electronics problems involved in the operation of various products. Assist in general laboratory work. Assist engineers with fabricating and assembling electronics subassemblies for prototype models from schematics, rough sketches, and verbal instructions. Perform calibration checks on electronic instruments. May completely troubleshoot an electronics system to determine cause and remedy for malfunctions.
Experience and Skills:
- Ability to work with common hand tools including but not limited to crimpers, strippers, soldering irons, drills, and other various tools associated with installing, repairing and replacing various types of cables and lines
- Ability to work in a high tempo fast paced team environment while keeping a cost, quality, schedule and safety approach.
- Ability to solve problems and identify deficiencies associated with instrumentation support.
- Ability to work directly with both internal and external programs/projects.
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing to a variety of audiences.
- Knowledge of and the ability to apply, test and evaluation principles and techniques.
- Ability to obtain ordnance certification
- Must have active DoD Secret Clearance
- Minimum of 2 years specialized experience in the operation, test and evaluation machining/fabrication, and/or maintenance and repair of weapons sysetms, subsystems, and/or components.
Job Tracking ID: 85347-155544
Location: Dahglren, VA
Job Type: Full-Time/Regular
Date Updated: October 25, 2013
Job Level: Mid Career (2+ years)
Years of Experience: At least 3 Years
Level of Education: High School/GED
Starting Date: ASAP