Kratos Technology & Training Solutions Principal Certification Systems Engineer (Contingent) in Dahlgren, Virginia
The candidate will lead in team in combat system systems engineering trades and analyses for future Naval Surface Combat and Warfare Systems definition and design, as well as current Naval Surface Combat and Warfare System Operations. Systems engineering efforts by the team will encompass any of the following disciplines: architecture engineering/development, requirements engineering/management, total ship systems engineering, element design, design integration, ship integration, technical assessments, interoperability assessment, certification, and advanced design development. Additionally, the candidate will lead a team to provide systems engineering support in the mission areas of Integrated Air & Missile Defense (IAMD), Dominance & Ballistic Missile Defense (BMD), Surface Dominance, Navy Fires/Land Attack, Maritime Dominance, Undersea Dominance, combat systems cyber security and C4ISR. This support will be in all applicable ship and mission system areas.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities include:
The candidate will:
- Provide system and software engineering support for the certification of current and future Naval Surface Combat Systems.
- Use the Program Executive Office Integrated Warfare Systems (PEO IWS) combat system certification process to conduct certification activities and work across the entire program to gather and assess information and data relative to the ability of the combat system to meet its intended need.
- Provide support in gathering, assessing, and maintaining artifacts that can be used as objective quality evidence (OQE) for certification.
- As part of the assessment process the candidate will provide recommendations and assist in translating certification critical defects into operational risks, impacts, and guidance.
- Provide support for the generation and configuration management of updates to the Combat System Certification Plan to be approved by the Government. Activities include mapping engineering artifacts to OQE per the certification criteria and identifying artifacts for reuse.
- Provide recommendations (CDRL A001) to improve the certification process, criteria, and tools to that support an enterprise certification approach.
- Support and assist in generation of certification related documentation and briefing material including Statement of Findings (SOFs), assessment reports, status reports, and Combat System authorization and certification letter. The contractor shall brief assessment reports to program and project stakeholders.
Experience and Skills:
- Accreditation Board of Engineering and Technology (ABET) Accredited Master of Science (MS) Degree from ABET recognized engineering curriculum. Examples include: Mechanical Engineering (ME) / Electrical Engineering (EE) / Industrial Engineering (IE) / Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)
- MS Degree in physical science, engineering, or mathematics that includes 24 semester hours in physical science and/or related engineering science such as mechanics, dynamics, properties of materials, and electronics. Examples:
- Applied Math
- Applied Physics
- Operational Research
- Modeling and Simulation
- Computer Science
- Naval Architecture
- Fifteen (15) years of general Surface Navy Combat Systems engineering experience with at least five (5) years of specialized experience in the certification of combat systems and ten (10) years of specialized experience with emphasis in one or more of the following:
- Combat Systems Cyber Security
- Ships Self Defense Systems
- Littoral Combat Ship (LCS) class frigate
- Aegis Integrated Combat Systems
- DDG-1000 Zumwalt class destroyer
- Aegis Ballistic Missile Defense
- Weapon/Sensor Combat Systems Experience
Job Tracking ID: 85347-230707
Location: Dahlgren, VA
Job Type: Full-Time/Regular
Date Updated: September 19, 2016
Job Level: Mid Career (2+ years)
Number of Openings: 1
Years of Experience: More than 10 Years
Level of Education: BA/BS
Starting Date: ASAP