HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Manager of Practice Transition in Dallas, Texas
The HCA Physician Services Group (PSG) is the physician solution for the Hospital Corporation of America. PSG makes it easier for physicians to practice medicine by reducing the burdens of managing an independent practice and infusing the best clinical and operational standards in every office. With 13,000 employees that work in more than 790 practices across 21 states, PSG is leading the way by delivering high quality, cost effective health care in communities across the country.
We offer an excellent benefits package, competitive salary and growth opportunities. Join our team and share your skills and talents with the nation's largest private provider of healthcare services.
The Transition Manager is a key member of The Physician Services Group and provides Practice Management Consulting with emphasis on practices in transition. Coordinates the transition process for providers and staff becoming affiliated with Physician Services and for those providers who are terminating affiliation with Physician Services. Monitors and tracks status of all start-up or termination steps includingRegionalServiceCenterdepartment responsibilities regarding the transition process. Processes complex information from a variety of sources, provides medical practice assessments, evaluates data and recommends action plans. Establishes and maintains relationships with customers, including: executive staff, development staff, recruitment staff, physicians, physician extenders, legal counsel, corporate departments, hospital executive management, vendors, physician practice management, andRegionalServiceCenterdepartment directors and staff.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Assists in the development of documentation methods to be used in the transition process.
- Maintains documentation throughout the transition process.
- Communicates with client(s) on a regular basis about progress of transition process for individual providers/practices.
- Reports transition progress to client(s) in a timely and regular fashion.
- Receives information about proposed provider change(s) from practice management, development staff and physician recruiters.
- Reports to senior management about provider/practice transition process on a regular basis.
- Communicates with management and hospital services to determine items requiring coordination and resolution by Central Services, site office and hospital services.
- Coordinates with allServiceCenterdepartments on a regular basis to resolve outstanding items from each of the following areas: Information Services, Provider Enrollment, Human Resources, Accounting, Accounts Payable, Training, Billing, Collection Team(s), Purchasing and Treasury.
- Coordinates the receipt, processing and completion of all items required for the transition process, as defined in department documents.
- Serves as a liaison between management services and Health Care Indemnity, Inc., regarding matters of professional and general liability for COS-employed providers.
- Supervises the daily tasks of the Transition Specialist and Coordinator in his/her support of activity in the department.
- Practices and adheres to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “mission and Value Statement”.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES -This position requires the following minimum requirements:
- Knowledge of organizational policies, procedures, systems and objectives.
- Knowledge of organizational and personnel management
- Knowledge of health care administration systems.
- Knowledge of governmental regulations and compliance requirements for physician practice operations.
- Knowledge of medical practice computer systems and applications.
- Skill in planning, organizing and supervising.
- Skill in communicating effectively with physicians, administrative staff, internal customers and external agencies.
- Skill in developing reports.
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex data.
- Ability to research and prepare comprehensive reports.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to complete goals through project/team management.
Ability to travel 60% of the time throughout the national group, primarily in Florida.
EDUCATION -Bachelor's degree in Health or Business Administration field preferred.
EXPERIENCE -Two to five years of healthcare or health-related experience. Experience in the following areas is preferred: physician practice management, support service operations, and project management.
Title: Manager of Practice Transition
Location: Texas-Dallas-MSO - Medical City Dallas
Requisition ID: 03795-51978