CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Sr. Land Technician in Dallas, Texas
Sr. Land Technician
CGI-experience the commitment
Find similar career opportunities
Category:Consulting / Business / Functional
City:Dallas, Texas, United States
Employment Type:Full Time
CGI is adding a Sr. Land Technician to our Oil and Gas practice located in Dallas, TX. To qualify for this opportunity, applicants must possess a minimum of 10+ years relevant professional experience and must have prior experience working on projects/assignments involving Barnett Shale. This is a full-time role with CGI, and all benefits begin on your first day of employment!
- Prepare, maintain and process land related electronic and hard copy files.
- Review title to check for accuracy of tract information.
- Organize lease records to assure that all information is set up in the land system
- Assist in resolving account issues as needed.
- Assist in preparing contracts, agreements, correspondence, and various land documents to be sent out to surface owners, royalty interest owners, industry partners, and working interest owners.
- Track the review, execution, and acquisition of new agreements.
- Assist with title issues and account questions related to division orders, asset sales, leasing, and acquisitions.
- Prepare form transmittals, check requests, oil and gas leases, assignments, rights-of-way, and other associated contracts.
- Copy and transmit leases, assignments, etc. to land administration group and to partners.
- Pay off drafts for new lease purchases and check associated documentation for adequacy.
- Prepare and fax/mail proposal letters to owners on well drilling, workovers, completions, lease acquisitions, etc.
- Research and correspond to inquiries regarding invoicing errors, broker billings, etc.
- Respond to non‐operator inquiries and royalty/surface owner problems.
- Prepare plats and maps.
- Assist with database projects - Knowledge of SQL, and any query tools a plus
- Update records and monitor monthly lease obligations, expirations, and terminations.
- Assist with owner relations requests accordingly.
- Prepare presentations and spreadsheets as well as providing weekly status reports.
- Review title opinions sent by title attorney.
- Assist with curative with direction from title attorney or Landman.
- Provide analysis of land contracts and leases and calculate working and net revenue interests.
- Assemble information for, and processing, clearing, and correcting of rights-of-way and land matters.
- This work includes such duties as preparing legal descriptions of real property; preparing all routine documents necessary for the acquisition of easements; processing necessary forms for the procuring of permits; preparing and processing quitclaims; securing signatures; securing permits; inspecting property; preliminarily investigating encroachments; and preparing clear and concise reports and correspondence.
- Follow acquisitions of new leases and associated costs
- Given the GIS Analysts lease information and ensure maps accurately reflect the correct lease ownership
- Maintain invoices from field brokers and title attorneys, and route internally and externally
- Assist with due diligence on acquisitions
- A four year Bachelors Degree in Business, IT, Engineering, or Legal field
- MUST have prior experience with Barnett Shale in Texas
- A minimum of 10+ years experience in a land technician role or related/similar position
- Experience using a comprehensive suite of land and asset management software built specifically to manage oil and gas surface and mineral assets and support land, well, and property related applications/systems which could include one or more of the following:
o P2 BOLO Land System, PHDWin, LANDMan, Horizon, PetroComp, X2R CONSOL SAP Workflow, Tobin Land DataMart, Tobin Land Suite, Quorum Land, Quorum QLA, QQM Reporting Tool, SAP Marginal Well Review, SAP Acquisition & Disposition, SAP Well Plugging, or Land Admin Tracker
- Knowledge of SQL/Oracle and any query tools a plus
- Ability to take initiative and can work with minimal direction
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills
- Field or office experience in a natural gas company
- Ability to effectively work with and support colleagues
- Experience generating analysis of land contracts and leases and calculate working and net revenue interests
- Experience writing/interpreting legal land descriptions
What you can expect from us:
At CGI, were a team of builders. We call our employees members because all who join CGI are building their own company - one that has grown to 65,000 professionals located in 40 countries. Founded in 1976, CGI is a leading IT and business process services firm committed to helping clients succeed. We have the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for our clients - and for our members. Come grow with us. Learn more at www.cgi.com.
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary depending upon specific assignment, or upon any US government security clearance if required. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, gender Identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, or other status protected by law. CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGIs legal duty to furnish information.
Referral First name*
Referral Last name*
By checking this box you agree to allow us to contact the individual listed above about your referral and that the referral meets eligibility criteria.
Are you interested in this job?
In the US, CGI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, ancestry, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender identity, familial status, political affiliation, or any other classification protected by state or federal law.
CGI is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with US laws and regulations. Click here at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEOPolicy-Signed2015.pdf to access our US EEO/Affirmative action policy.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
EPPA at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eppac.pdf
FMLA at http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf
Consolidated EEO Is The Law at http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf
If you need an accommodation in order to complete the application process, click here at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/AccommodationNeeded.pdf .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at http://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.