Kratos Technology & Training Solutions Aluminum Welders in Dallastown, Pennsylvania
Must be proficient in welding Thin gage aluminum with the GTAW (Tig) and GMAW (Mig) processes and able to pass various welding tests in accordance with AWS welding codes.
To join metals using Flux Core and GMAW (Mig) welding processes and to cut metals using QXY Acetylene cutting torch or plasma Arc cutting equipment.
- The primary welders duty is to perform welding work in the manufacture and assembly of various types of metal structures and support equipment
- To accomplish assigned task, welder must be highly skilled in operating MIG type welding machines to join all types of common metal with complete penetration and fusion
- The welder must be able to accurately weld in vertical and flat positions without burning or distortion of the metal to meet welding surfaces, utilizes clamp fixtures or special jigs and fixtures to hold the parts to be welded, as needed
- He/ She must be proficient in use of variety of hand and power tools such as burr and universal grinders, electric sanders, pliers, tape measure, etc
- The employee for this position must be capable of consistently operating equipment in a safe manner, complying with established safety rules and regulations
- Must also be able to use and assure proper fit of required safety equipment and clothing
- Weld components to drawing specifications.
- Cut and Trim components when necessary.
- Safely operate overhead cranes.
- Perform overhead welding safely.
Experience and Skills:
Successful candidate will possess 5 years experience in the field and the ability to read blue prints and welding symbols and use measuring equipment and various hand and air tools.
High school graduate or equivalent. Vocational degree in welding or equivalent experience.
Shop Floor Environment
Ability to stand and sit for long periods of time
Ability to perform repetitive motion (rotating wrists, keyboarding, using small/large tools)
Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
Ability to tolerate constant noise (i.e., machine motors)
Ability to pass a Pulmonary Function Test
Job Tracking ID: 85347-229128
Location: Dallastown, PA
Job Type: Full-Time/Regular
Date Updated: April 21, 2017
Job Level: Mid Career (2+ years)
Years of Experience: More than 5 Years
Level of Education: High School/GED
Starting Date: September 1, 2016