Kratos Technology & Training Solutions Maintenance Mechanic in Dallastown, Pennsylvania
The position of Maintenance Mechanic is to perform repairs, installation, adjustment and maintenance of industrial production and facility related equipment.
- Repairing and maintaining Electronic Equipment - Servicing, repairing, and fine-tuning of electronic equipment.
- Servicing, repairing, adjusting, and testing machines, devices, moving parts, and equipment primarily on the basis of electrical and mechanical principles.
- Inspecting equipment to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects. Inspect components of industrial equipment for accurate assembly and installation
- Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources
- Repairs, replaces, adjusts, and aligns components of machinery and equipment
- Cleans and lubricates parts of equipment and machinery. Perform scheduled preventative maintenance tasks, such as checking, cleaning, and repairing of equipment in the detection and prevention of problems
- watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly
- performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed
- Installing equipment, machines, or wiring to meet specifications
Plumbing and electrical skills
Assists and advises with mechanics when there are problems with equipment. Confers with operators and mechanics and observes, tests, and evaluates operation of machinery and equipment to diagnose cause of malfunction.
- Examine work orders and converse with equipment operators and mechanics to detect equipment problems and ascertain whether mechanical or human errors contributed to the problems.
- Arranges for test-runs of repaired machinery and equipment to verify adequacy of repairs.
- Study blueprints, schematic, manuals, and other specifications to determine installation procedures.
- Ability to convey thoughts and converse with outside sources in determining the best methods and procedures to resolve issues with equipment and machinery. Able to select parts and submit requisitions for said parts.
- Assign work through the work order system or by direction of departmental supervisor or manager, to maintenance mechanics.
- Coordinate maintenance activities on the production floor, involving mechanics, electricians, and production personnel.
- Directs maintenance personnel working on projects.
- Perform informal training for maintenance personnel.
Experience and Skills:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Vocational degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- Valid forklift operators permit required.
- Valid drivers license required.
- Minimum 5 years related maintenance experience in manufacturing.
Job Tracking ID: 85347-224196
Location: Dallastown, PA
Job Type: Full-Time/Regular
Date Updated: February 01, 2017
Job Level: Mid Career (2+ years)
Years of Experience: More than 5 Years
Level of Education: Some College
Starting Date: February 1, 2017