Kratos Technology & Training Solutions Production Control Specialist/Administrator in Dallastown, Pennsylvania
To effectively plan, monitor, and control manufactured and purchased parts required to meet the Master Production Schedule.
- Provides training assistance to new employees.
- Assists Supervisor with monitoring work in assigned area, verifying hours, and time card accuracy.
- Develops detailed plans to lay out specific key milestones that supports the master schedule and measure progress to milestones.
- Monitor and evaluate material (purchased, work in process, out-sourced) status utilizing MRP to ensure material availability.
- Communicates departmental issues and shortages through all production flow paths in order to meet schedules.
- Interfaces with various support functions (Quality, Manufacturing, and Purchasing) to prevent schedule misses.
- Properly store material in designated locations following safe stacking practices.
- Assists with physical inventory activities, including cycle counts, measurements, and raw material counts.
- Completes required paperwork and system transactions accordingly.
- Move material, work in process, and finished goods from location to location as instructed.
- Participates in production status meetings to monitor progress and take appropriate action.
- Facilitates closure of open corrective actions.
- Participates in Process Improvement Teams and recommends continuous improvements
- Responsible for observing and enforcing safety practices throughout the plant to maintain a safe working environment.
Experience and Skills:
AA/AS from a 2 year college/university
5 years of relevant experience in a production / manufacturing environment
Ability to communicate clearly with others both verbally and in written form
Proficient in use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc).
MRP/ERP Experience preferred
Job Tracking ID: 85347-230064
Location: Dallastown, PA
Job Type: Full-Time/Regular
Date Updated: September 12, 2016
Job Level: Mid Career (2+ years)
Number of Openings: 1
Level of Education: Associate
Starting Date: September 12, 2016