Kratos Technology & Training Solutions Welders in Dallastown, Pennsylvania
To join metals using Flux Core and GMAW (Mig) welding processes and to cut metals using QXY Acetylene cutting torch or plasma Arc cutting equipment.
The primary welders duty is to perform welding work in the manufacture and assembly of various types of metal structures and CMCI support equipment
- To accomplish assigned task, welder must be highly skilled in operating MIG type welding machines to join all types of common metal with complete penetration and fusion
- The welder must be able to accurately weld in vertical and flat positions without burning or distortion of the metal to meet welding surfaces, utilizes clamp fixtures or special jigs and fixtures to hold the parts to be welded, as needed
- He/ She must be proficient in use of variety of hand and power tools such as burr and universal grinders, electric sanders, pliers, tape measure, etc
- The employee for this position must be capable of consistently operating equipment in a safe manner, complying with established safety rules and regulations
- Must also be able to use and assure proper fit of required safety equipment and clothing
- Weld components to drawing specifications.
- Cut and Trim components when necessary.
- Safely operate overhead cranes.
- Perform overhead welding safely.
- Read and understand blueprints. Ability to properly use and read metric tapes and scales.
Experience and Skills:
- High school graduate or equivalent. Vocational degree in welding or equivalent experience.
- 2-3 years on-the-job training
- Working knowledge of welding equipment, working properties of metals and knowledge of fusion of metals.
- Must be able to read detail and assembly prints
Job Tracking ID: 85347-220105
Location: Dallastown, PA
Job Type: Full-Time/Regular
Date Updated: August 23, 2017
Job Level: Mid Career (2+ years)
Number of Openings: 6
Years of Experience: At least 3 Years
Level of Education: High School/GED
Starting Date: ASAP