Ingersoll Rand Software Engineer Electrical Systems in DAVIDSON, North Carolina
At Ingersoll Rand we're passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit http://www.ingersollrand.com/ .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
CTS Software Engineer electrical systems will be working with a highly integrated team in a software development role with today’s latest software technologies. This is an ideal opportunity for someone interested in design and development of machine controller embedded SW and tools development. The position will work with a global software engineering team in fast pace and adaptive environment.
- Requirements Analysis - Understand fundamentals of requirements analysis, elaboration of component requirements to software requirements, provide feedback in areas such as completeness, practicality, measurability and testability.
- Task Estimation - Prepare accurate estimates for all project assignments and activities.
- Configuration Management - Possess understanding of basic SCM process and use in everyday tasks.
- Understand and use SCM as it relates to shared software components.
- Software Construction – Open to work in multiple operating system and desktop application environments.
- Understand construction fundamentals; minimize complexity, anticipate change, plan for verification. Make appropriate use of planning, modeling, reuse and measurement.
- Software Design - Understand and apply generally accepted best practices in design methodology.
- Understand key issues and use proper techniques for concurrency, event handling, distribution of components, exception handling, etc.
- Use of formal design methodologies and notations such as UML.
- Understand and make use of common design patterns.
- Testing - Understand the role and use of testing throughout the life cycle. Create and execute test plans and test software at appropriate times in the development cycle.
- Quality - Understand and use methodologies that promote the creation of quality software.
- Ability to meet short- and long-term deadlines.
- Effectively meet the needs of internal and external customers.
- Demonstrate flexibility and ability to work with offshore development teams
- Demonstrate ability to cope with stress and maintain a pleasant and cooperative temperament with internal and external customers
- Demonstrate ability to perform mental tasks such as making decisions, learning, thinking rationally and exercising good judgment
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering (or related discipline) and 1-2 years of software development or software engineering work experience required.
- Experience with object-oriented design & implementation required.
- C application development required.
- Experience with Desktop Windows application development desired.
- Experience with Linux operating system desired.
- Tools: Visual Studio 2010, 2012, Eclipse
- Languages: C#, C
- Experience with Web services, XML
- Understanding of communications protocols (http, TCP/IP)
- Object Oriented Methodologies OOA, OOD, OOP
- Experience in Kiel RTOS based embedded applications is a must
- Experience in machine controller firmware and application development is a must
- Experience working with global team is a must
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: DAVIDSON-North Carolina
Job: Information Technology
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Oct 18, 2016, 3:06:06 PM