Kettering Medical Center KPN SPECIALTY RN in Dayton, Ohio
Description An experienced and highly skilled advanced practice cardiac technical RN/clinician that performs independently (with MD oversight) in the technical management of cardiac pacemaker, ICD and implanted cardiac monitor devices. Manages device patients and their care and implements treatment plans at a highly developed skill level in collaboration with physicians and other members of the healthcare team. Able to perform basic interrogation, adjustments to programming as per protocol or specific order, and able to troubleshoot basic, intermediate and advanced device issues.
- Assesses the patient clinically for device/rhythm related issues.
- Assesses implanted devices (either in-person or remotely) with full interrogation and identification of optimal programming, abnormal findings and/or arrhythmias.
- Interrogate and reprogram cardiac devices throughout medical center as “on-call” device nurse.
- Demonstrates accountability in the management of device patients.
- Assumes responsibility for professional development of self and contributes to and assists with the professional development of others. KHNIND2014
Requirements Education: Graduate of an accredited nursing program. BSN preferred.
Experience: 2+ years’ experience as a practitioner in a cardiovascular care setting. A minimum of 1 year experience managing cardiac device patients is required.
License/Certification: Registered nurse currently licensed to practice in the State of Ohio. BLS certification required within 60 days of hire. ACLS certification required. KHNIND2014 Required certification by Heart Rhythm Society as IBHRE Certified Cardiac Device Specialist (Allied Professional) within 1 year of hire or within the next available testing cycle after 12 months in this role. KHNIND2014
Requisition Number: 16-6956
Title: KPN SPECIALTY RN
Department: SOUTHWEST CARDIOLOGY - 759381
Location: Kettering Health Physician Network
Job Status: Part-Time
Hours per Bi-Weekly Pay Period: 40