Kettering Medical Center REGIONAL MANAGER in Dayton, Ohio
Description Provides leadership and management of practices within various practices located in the greater Dayton area. In collaboration with the practice manager, ensures a smooth and efficient operation of the practices which includes, but is not limited to hire and train staff, work with physicians, monitor and control costs, and oversee practice productivity. Works with the director to develop goals, objectives, and opportunities for practice improvement. May manage multiple practice managers.
- Keeps medical records confidential, releasing information on according to policy, and in accordance with HIPAA.
- Responsible for oversight of staff-to-physician ratios and adjusting staff schedules accordingly, showing willingness to assume duties of other office staff when absences occur.
- Collaborates with physician and staff to maintain sound customer relationships and positive patient experiences.
- Resolves patient complaints and issues.
- Routinely evaluates work process, customer service issues, and job functions according to Lean principles to ensure continuous improvement.
- Ensures accurate records for time off, tardiness, absences, etc. is tracked.
- Develops budget for practice in collaboration with practice manager.
- Acts as point of contact for practice compliance with all regulatory agencies, ie. OSHA, Board of Pharmacy, etc.
- Ensures staff evaluations are completed and submitted within the prescribed time limit.
- Prioritizes recommendations on office properties that are in need of repair in collaboration with operations director.
- Ensures all assigns practices have met deadlines for annual requirements such as Annual Basic Safety Education, Corporate Integrity Education, TB testing and flu shots.
- Holds practice manager accountable for policies regarding onsite business including front desk procedures, necessary bookkeeping, patient billing, collections and insurance.
- Attends monthly staff meetings in support of operations and other KPN initiatives.
- Provides direction on office expenditures including, but not limited to, petty cash, ordering office and clinical supplies, etc.
- Provides direction on charge entry posting.
- Approves invoices in a timely manner.
- Analyzes data on referral capture/market and works in collaboration with Operations and Network Development to recommend and develop market strategies.
- Oversees cash collections according to targets on cash collections.
- Develops processes to meet/exceed budget.
- Develops and retains employees.
- Responsible for oversight of timely practice charge capture and works in collaboration with Team Leader and representatives of the Central Billing Office (CBO).
- Assists with Onboarding new providers to assigned region.
Requirements Educational Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required. Master’s degree preferred.
Knowledge, Abilities and Experience:
Three to five years experience in medical office environment required.
Prefer a minimum of 3 years of supervision of staff.
Knowledge of Lean principles preferred.
Thorough knowledge of medical office operations to include interpretation and supervision of business policies of practice.
Strong understanding of front scheduling procedures, patient, and flow procedures, registration, billing and coding.
Must be knowledgeable of computer systems – EMR or practice management system
Effective time management and leadership skills.
Strong organizational and communication skills with the ability to present concepts, interact with a variety of persons. Must be empathetic, courteous and professional at all times in interactions with patients, visitors, employees and medical staff and senior management.
Ability to implement new processes, policies and principles to solve every day problems and deal with a variety of situations.
Requisition Number: 16-7431
Title: REGIONAL MANAGER
Department: PRACTICE OPERATIONS - 740580
Location: Kettering Health Physician Network
Job Status: Full-Time
Hours per Bi-Weekly Pay Period: 80