Riverside Community Care Community Based Social Work Internship in Dedham, Massachusetts
We have an exciting internship opportunity to join our team as a Community Based Social Work Intern that offers a diverse experience working in our Collaborative Care Management Program working with various community-based programs. You will have the opportunity to work directly with consumers ages 18+ as well as having the opportunity to be a part of a growing team advocating for superb physical and behavioral health services for our consumers in and around the Greater Boston and suburban areas.
Schedule: Flexible Mon-Fri (16-24 hours per week)
As a Community Based Social Work Intern, you will:
- Enroll new referrals and communicate with referral sources and collateral contacts as needed
- Participate in weekly group and individual supervisions with a minimum of 1-2 consumers per day at a community-based location or at a Riverside site
- Be responsible for documenting interventions with consumers and organizing related paperwork
- Attend regular team meetings with staff and consumers
- Have access to additional free trainings at Riverside Community Care and from our community partners
Riverside also offers an outstanding staff training program, excellent clinical supervision, competitive salary, benefits package, and career advancement opportunities!
Our Ideal Candidate:
We are looking for someone who has the desire to gain more practical experience within the health and human services field are comfortable working with people with acute psychiatric diagnoses, various stages of recovery from substance use disorders and with need for connection to community resources. Here at Riverside Community Care we take pride in our employees for being compassionate, respectful and innovative. If you are ready to be part of a team that puts people first then you are strongly encouraged to apply!
- Ability to communicate and comprehend verbal and written documentation in the English language, including clearly documenting consumer progress and activities in program records required
- Must have a valid driver’s license and available and dependable transportation vehicle as needed
Basic computer skills Required Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in related field required, Master’s degree in related field preferred
Tracking Code: 1513-709
Job Location: Dedham, Massachusetts, United States
Position Type: Intern