Enterprise Community Parnters 16:PAR-086: VISTA Program Associate in Denver, Colorado
As communities face an increasing occurrence of and level of impact by natural disasters and climate change, the ability of Native American communities to respond, prepare for and proactively mitigate the impact will be critical to ensure housing for these communities. Enterprise’s Rural and Native American Initiative (RNAI) is implementing a Cultural and Climate Resiliency AmeriCorpsVISTA Program to build the capacity of Tribally Designated Housing Entities (TDHEs) to mitigate climate impacts on housing in a culturally responsive manner. The RNAI is part of the National Initiatives Team that covers a range of the most relevant and pressing issues working to provide tools, support and solutions for our affordable housing partners through technical assistance and grant making. The team also works closely with Enterprise Market staff to provide the best mix of support to our affordable housing partners in that market. The VISTA Program Associate will be responsible for the administration and implementation of the Cultural and Climate Resiliency AmeriCorpsVISTA Program. The position reports to the Program Director, Sustainability.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated, enthusiastic, creative and effective team player eager to support both the Enterprise team, VISTA host sites and VISTA members. The position requires organizational, computer, administrative, team building, and customer service skills and the ability to perform a wide array of tasks in a fast paced environment with light supervision.
The funding for this position is for three years with the intention of reapplying for funding to continue the program at that time. This position will be located in Denver, CO.
The VISTA Program Associate will be responsible for the administration and implementation of the Cultural and Climate Resiliency AmeriCorps*VISTA Program:
- Supervise, mentor, and utilize a VISTA Leader to implement and administer the VISTA Program.
- Support VISTAs in their role as capacity builders within their sponsoring organizations.
- Facilitate successful reporting and communication between the Enterprise, host-sites, and the Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS) State Office.
- Assist host-sites to define and develop a clear, realistic VISTA Assignment Descriptions (VADs).
- Effectively recruit, interview and screen VISTA members in partnership with host-sites.
- Design and implement an effective orientation for the incoming VISTA member(s), and training for host-site supervisors.
- Build and strengthen relationships with VISTAs that result in retention and successful completion of project tasks
- Coordinate and facilitate communication and relationships with VISTA members and host-sites through hosting:
- Bi-weekly check-in calls with VISTA members
- Rotating monthly check-in calls with VISTA members and their host-site supervisors
- Monthly check-in calls with host-site supervisors
- Monthly peer to peer calls/education webinars with all VISTA members with the intention of:
- Creating space for team building and sharing of lessons learned, challenges, best practices, etc. in their on-going work
- Providing additional information and resources based upon needs identified on prior team calls, one-on-one check-ins, and host site supervisor meetings.
- Quarterly Peer to Peer Host-Site Supervisor calls to create space for site supervisors to share experiences, lessons learned, best practices in their on-going work related to the VISTAs.
- At minimum one in-person visit to host sites to meet with VISTA members and host-site supervisors.
- Support VISTA members and host-site to collect data for performance measures.
- Monitor progress of VISTAs toward goals and performance measure, complete progress reports for CNCS.
- Coordinate with the National Initiatives Team and the RNAI team, maintaining communication.
- Serve in a liaison role between host-sites and the National Initiative Team, connecting them to additional Enterprise resources such as technical assistance, grants, white papers, toolkits, etc.
- Integrate with the National Initiatives Team and Denver Market Team.
- Supporting other programmatic activities of the Initiatives and/or Market as needed.
- Represent Enterprise at external meetings and conferences.
- Planning and staffing of workshops and events, as needed.
- Prior experience as a VISTA member or VISTA leader strongly desired.
- Prior experience working with Native American populations preferred.
- Knowledge of and experience working in the affordable housing industry preferred.
- Undergraduate degree and at least two (2) years relevant experience.
- Excellent grammar, editing and proofreading skills to produce complete, correct correspondence, proposals, reports and white papers.
- Superior customer service skills with the ability to understand and strive to meet the needs of internal and external stakeholders and develop professional relationships with partners.
- Strong communication skills with ability to clearly express ideas, thoughts and concepts verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated professionalism, diplomacy, composure, flexibility and ability to adapt to a variety of situations.
- Strong initiative with ability to seek out relevant information prior to making timely decisions.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to coordinate complex activities prioritize conflicting demands and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently, solve problems and take responsibility for moving tasks forward with minimal supervision.
- Ability to coordinate complex activities, meet deadlines, and use good judgment in managing conflicting demands and priorities.
- Thorough knowledge of and proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point.
- Incumbent is expected to:
- Demonstrate strong ethics in interpersonal relations.
- Work as an effective, collaborative team member.
- Continually improve systems and procedures within own job, office and organization.
- Provide superior customer service; treat internal and external customers with respect, honesty and professionalism.
Company: Enterprise Community Partners
Department: National Initiatives
Location: Denver, Colorado