Kratos Technology & Training Solutions RT Logic Product Manager-Recorders in Denver, Colorado
RT Logic is a leading supplier of ground signal processing systems (RF, DSP, and digital domains) and communication equipment for satellite operations including factory test, launch, business operations, and assured mission capabilities. Our technology also supports non-space applications. We have an exciting opportunity for a Product Manager for our Data Recorder Product Line!
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
The Recorders Product Manager is responsible the success of RT Logics Recorder (Analog, Digital, IP, RF, Tactical and High Speed) product line. The Product Manager is responsible for the consolidated product roadmap, setting product development priorities, defining sales strategies, generation of marketing and sales materials and engaging with customers in the sales process.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Define the product roadmap and associated business requirements for the RTLs entire recorder product line based on qualified market needs, customer driven needs and projected ROI
- Work with the Engineering team to solidify product concepts, architectures and required estimate investment levels.
- Perform ongoing business case analysis to establish and drive product development plans
- Work with marketing to promote the product, model revenue growth and return on investment.
- Lead sales efforts for the consolidated product line with DoD primes, USG, Commercial and international customers.
- Manage and communicate the product development lifecycle including defining the product roadmap, establishing product release content, setting development/release schedules, and leading the product planning and change configuration boards.
- Assist with the preparation and presentation of sales proposals and responses to RFIs and RFQs.
- Assist in defining and communicating the product message to the marketplace and lead the development of the appropriate marketing collateral.
- Develop/refine product pricing and margin model and implement approved global pricing.
- Develop internal and external sales tools and collateral material for the product line as needed.
- Perform hands-on product demonstrations for customers and sales staff to support new features and reinforce product capabilities; develop product demonstration scripts.
- Forecast market demand in support of operations planning and budgeting.
- Continuously gather key information regarding competitive threats, perform competitive analysis to rationalize the pricing and value of the products, define market positioning, and support sales as they define and price proposals.
- Assist in the management of trade shows including product message, signage, and execution at the show.
- Persuasively promote RT Logics products and ideas at all levels both internally in the organization and externally to customers,.
- Direct customer and business partner interaction, in a team effort with the SAT and Enterprise sales teams, to define new products and new ways of doing business.
- Present at tradeshows, industry events, on-line forums and social media.
- Travel required for customer visits, trade shows, product demonstrations, OEM negotiations, etc. including international travel
Experience and Skills:
Experience and Skills:
- BS degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field, with 5-10+ years experience in a high tech operational role or product management environment.
- Product Management experience including market analysis, roadmap definition, requirements definition and marketing/sales plan development
- Commercial Satcom, Defense and Aerospace industry experience especially related to data recording products
- Knowledge of product life cycles.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing.
- Assertive self-starter capable of taking ownership of the product line, overseeing tasks assigned to the product team and driving them to completion.
- In depth understanding of market positioning, market development, market pricing and competitive analysis.
- MBA or equivalent a plus with a focus on marketing or brand management.
- Previous experience as a Product Manager
U.S. Citizenship and ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government Security Clearance is required.
RT Logic offers challenging work, an excellent environment, & great benefits! Qualified applicants apply on-line at www.rtlogic.com EOE M/F/D/V Please, no phone calls, agencies or recruiters.
Job Tracking ID: RTL: 16-032
Location: Denver, CO
Job Type: Full-Time/Regular
Date Updated: September 29, 2016
Job Level: Mid Career (2+ years)
Number of Openings: 1
Level of Education: BA/BS
Starting Date: ASAP