Midwestern University Chair of Clinical Application - CCOM in Downers Grove, Illinois
The Chair of Clinical Application provides support for the development, delivery and assessment of the clinical curriculum. The Chair reports to the Associate Dean of Clinical Education for the Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist Clinical Department Chairs/Course Directors and the Clinical Education Department in assessing the didactic portion of the clerkship curriculum
- Participate in the delivery of the didactic portion of the clerkship curriculum across specialties as needed and appropriate
- Assist Clinical Department Chairs and Associate Dean of Clinical Education in performing visits to clinical rotation sites.
- Assist Clinical Department Chairs and the Associate Dean of Clinical Education in analyzing data to compare student experiences across facilities
- Assist in the development and updating of the CCOM curricular map
- Function as a resource for basic science faculty who seek input regarding clinical application within their courses.
- Other duties as assigned by the Associate Dean of Clinical Education
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
DO or MD degree required. Previous experience in graduate or undergraduate medical education preferred. Must have excellent written, verbal and organizational skills with the ability to balance multiple priorities.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS/OTHER ABILITIES
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to develop and present didactic presentations. Excellent interpersonal skills to allow for collaboration across departments.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Midwestern University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not discriminate against an employee or applicant based upon race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, or veterans status, in accord with 41 C.F.R. 60-1.4(a), 250.5(a), 300.5(a) and 741.5(a).
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Doctorate or better
Posted: July 15, 2016