Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration Nurse Practitioner (Urgent Care) in Dublin, Georgia
Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
1 vacancy in the following location:
- Dublin, GA
Work Schedule is Full Time - Permanent
Opened Thursday 9/29/2016 (24 day(s) ago)
** Closes Friday 12/30/2016 (68 day(s) away)
This position is open continuous until position have been filled.
Please read this entire announcement before applying online!
OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans.
Welcome to Dublin, "The Emerald City," and Laurens County, where small town southern charm and a determination to keep Dublin-Laurens County "Green and Growing" have combined to create a community rich in character and full of life.
How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?
As a VA professional nurse, your opportunities are endless. With many openings in the multiple functions of VA, you will have a wide range of opportunities at your fingertips. Not only is it the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the nation, but we also provide many other services to Veterans through the Benefits Administration and National Cemeteries.
VA professionals feel good about their careers and their ability to balance work and home life. VA offers generous paid time off and a variety of predictable and flexible scheduling opportunities.
NOTE: * *Applicant's education and length of nursing practice (experience) will be considered by a Nurse Practitioner Professional Standards Board in determining the grade and step of the applicant selected please put all your experience on your resume.
The incumbent for this position may be eligible to apply for the Education Debt Reduction Program. Eligibility to apply for the EDRP is based on position eligibility, qualifying student loan debt, and availability of funds.. Please contact Human Resources at this medical center and speak with the Education Debt Reduction Program Coordinator for additional information.
The Urgent Care Nurse Practitioner will provide outpatient and inpatient treatment to Veterans with acute and chronic illnesses, with emphasis on preventive recurrence of hospitalization, recurrence or worsening of chronic disease. This position is located in Urgent Care.
Evaluates and assess patients followed by evidence based treatment of patient's health care needs in a Veteran centric, team-based model of care delivery.
Routinely coordination and collaboration with specialty care, mental health, and other team members, is considered an essential component of this position in order to ensure optimum patient health and delivery of efficient care.
Provides medical services to Veterans in both outpatient and inpatient settings
Responsible for a variety duties which bother development, implementation and maintenance of comprehensive health care system for Veterans and their families.
Provides education to patient and families on lifestyle changes, effects of medication and treatment regiments to Veteran as well as other health care providers.
Must be BLS (Basic Life Support) and ACLS (Advanced Life Support) certified.
Work Schedule:Monday - Sunday 8:00 am - 8:00 pm Schedule may vary
Functional Statement Title/#:Nurse Practitioner F577515
- Not Required
- Recruitment/Relocation Incentive May be authorized for a well qualified candidate
- Must pass pre-employment examination.
- Designated and/or Random Drug Testing required.
- Background and/or Security Investigation required.
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English
- Prefers candidate to have urgent care health expereince
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959.
- ### Qualifications
- U.S. citizenship. Non-citizens may be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Graduate of a school of professional nursing approved by the appropriate State-accrediting agency and accredited by one of the following accrediting bodies at the time the program was completed by the applicant: The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement of graduation from an approved school of professional nursing.
- The completion of coursework equivalent to a nursing degree in a MSN Bridge Program that qualifies for professional nursing registration constitutes the completion of an approved course of study of professional nursing. Students should submit the certificate of professional nursing to sit for the NCLEX to the VA along with a copy of the MSN transcript. (Reference VA Handbook 5005, Appendix G6)
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted registration as a graduate professional nurse in a State, Territory or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico) of the United States, or the District of Columbia.
*Grade Determinations: *The following criteria must be met in determining the grade assignment of candidates, and if appropriate, the level within a grade:
- Nurse I Level I - An Associate Degree (ADN) or Diploma in Nursing, with no additional nursing practice/experience required.
- Nurse I Level II - An ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 1 year of nursing practice/experience; OR an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a bachelor's degree in a related field with no additional nursing practice/experience; OR a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN) with no additional nursing practice/experience.
- Nurse I Level III - An ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a Bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a BSN with approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience; ORa Master's degree in nursing (MSN) or related field with a BSN and no additional nursing practice/experience.
- Nurse II - A BSN with approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a Bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Master's degree in nursing or related field with a BSN and approximately 1-2 year's of nursing practice/experience; ORa Doctoral degree in nursing or meets basic requirements for appointment and has doctoral degree in a related field with no additional nursing practice/experience required.
- Nurse III - Master's degree in nursing or related field with BSN and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree in nursing or related field and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience.
Reference:VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G6 Nurse Qualification Standard. IN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE MAY NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE.**
Physical Requirements:*Nurse Practitioner Functional Requirements:*Heavy Lifting (45 lbs and over); Heavy Carrying (45 lbs and over); Pushing (1 hour); Use of fingers; Both hands required; Walking (up to 3 hours); Standing (up to 3 hours); Repeated bending (1-2 hours); Both legs required; Ability for rapid mental and muscular coordination simultaneously; Near vision correctable at 13" to 16" to Jaeger 1 to 4; Far vision correctable in one eye to 20/20 and to 20/40 in the other; ability to distinguish basic colors; ability to distinguish shades of colors; Hearing (aid permitted); Mental and emotional stability required; no skin allergies.
PLEASE NOTE: Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications (particularly positions with a positive education requirement.) Therefore, applicants must report only attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Applicants can verify accreditation at the following website: http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html All education claimed by applicants will be verified by the appointing agency accordingly. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education.
Veterans' Preference: When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference on the Occupational Questionnaire in the section provided and provide a legible copy of your DD214(s) and/or documentation related to your active duty service which shows dates of service, character of service (honorable, general, etc.), or dates of impending separation.
Additionally, disabled veterans and others eligible for 10-point preference (such as widows or mothers of eligible Veterans) must also submit an SF-15 "Application for 10 Point Veterans Preference" with required proof as stated on the form. For more information, please review the information for disabled Veterans in the application checklist or visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx.
Public Trust - Background Investigation
What To Expect Next
After the vacancy announcement closes and a referral certificate is issued, an electronic notification letter - or e-mail - will be sent to applicants who provide an e-mail address. Otherwise, you will receive a notification letter via the U.S. Postal Service within 2 to 4 weeks.
Working for the Department of Veterans Affairs offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes, in part, paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, life insurance, health benefits, thrift savings plan, and participation in the Federal Employees Retirement System. In addition to traditional "dollars and cents" benefits, we offer a range of benefits to help balance work and life. For more information please visit us at http://www.vacareers.va.gov/why-choose-va/index.asp.
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
This position is in the Excepted Service and does not confer competitive status.
Salary Range: $64,676.00 to $107,823.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-0610-00/00
Promotion Potential: 00
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: US Citizens and Status Candidates
Control Number: 452022600
Job Announcement Number: OA-16-NTMN-1814085-BU