Kratos Technology & Training Solutions Sales Estimator - Electronic Security Integration in Duluth, Georgia
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
The Sales Estimator assists the Sales Department with pre-sales review to insure that bid proposals meet specifications and functionality demands. Works closely with sales representatives, in house technical personnel, accounting, purchasing and the management team. Responsible for determining how much a project would cost (bill of material), how long the project would take to complete (labor estimate) and, along with upper management, how much revenue the project should generate. The Sales Estimator takes into account factors such as labor costs, material costs, equipment rental, manufacturing locations, facility costs and required permits and licensing. The Estimator works closely with the project managers to make sure the project meets all financial and regulatory guidelines. Site visits are usually necessary to gather information that will be used to produce the project estimate.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for being technical lead for bids and estimates for customers that include system deployments, upgrades, expansions, etc.
- Supports the Sales staff in estimating installation, staging and configuration costs
- Works closely with the capture team to insure technical accuracy of equipment, configuration, labor estimates
- Maintains good communications between sales and other engineering staff
- Is lead on gathering information in regards to installation, staging and configuration data used for estimate
- Provide block diagrams/technical information to non-technical people as needed
- Attend site visits and job walks as required
- Be prepared for the pressure of extreme deadlines that are often part of the job
- Responsible for engineering, design and configuration aspects of sales proposals
- Assists in preparation of proposal documents and manufacturer documentation
- Insure accuracy of equipment and configuration estimates
- Provide reporting analysis of jobs won and lost
- Other duties as deemed necessary by management
Experience and Skills:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Adheres to the Kratos Code of Conduct & Ethics
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information as required by government standards
- Ability to interact effectively with peers and supervisors
- Ability to interact appropriately with the public when necessary
- Ability to adhere to workplace rules
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to coordinate effectively with team members
- Strong written communications skills required
- Strong math and analytical skills as well as an eye for detail
- Strong organizational skills; must have the ability to prioritize workload effectively
- Ability to interact effectively across diverse cultures and at all levels
- Ability to interpret complex documents
- Ability to clearly present information in one-on-one and group situations
- Ability to solve problems and carry out responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Able to design security systems with appropriate infrastructure
- Prepare, update, store, understand contract and system design drawings and successfully apply to projects
- Ability to contribute/lead in RFP capture team's review and critiquing for any size project (take-offs, estimating tools, pricing, etc.)
- Self-confidence in presenting and support their conclusions
- Ability to present designs in front of high profile clients (state/government agencies, large corporations, etc.)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma
- Four or more years experience in the physical security field with progressively responsible system level experience
- Thorough knowledge of security system design, telecommunications, AC/DC electric theory
- Thorough knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Thorough knowledge of security system design and installation
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Office environment
- Ability to stand and sit for long periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive motion (keyboarding, 10-key, phones)
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
The work environment characteristics are representative of those of an employee encounters while performing essential functions of the job in a typical office or construction situation. Occasionally, work will be done either outside or in non-heated or non-air conditioned buildings, presenting possible extremes of hot and cold. The employee may work in a variety of environments including some that have many special rules and procedures which must be followed at all times. Job site rules may include wearing fire retardant clothing, hard hats, safety harness, hearing protection and other personal protective equipment. The employee may be required to work after hours, occasional weekend to respond to emergency or non-emergency situations. The employee must also be able to work sitting or standing at desk and operate a computer via standard input devices such as using a keyboard and reading information on a monitor.
Kratos PSS, a Division of Kratos Defense Systems, is not able to provide U.S. sponsorship at this time.
THE ABOVE STATEMENTS ARE INTENDED TO DESCRIBE THE GENERAL NATURE AND LEVEL OF WORK BEING PERFORMED BY INDIVIDUALS ASSIGNED TO THIS CLASSIFICATION. THEY ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE CONSTRUED AS AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF ALL RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES AND SKILLS REQUIRED OF PERSONNEL SO CLASSIFIED.
A REVIEW OF THIS CLASSIFICATION HAS EXCLUDED THE MARGINAL FUNCTIONS OF THE CLASSIFICATION THAT ARE INCIDENTAL TO THE PERFORMANCE OF FUNDAMENTAL JOB DUTIES. ALL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES ARE ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND REQUIREMENTS AND ARE SUBJECT TO POSSIBLE MODIFICATION TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES TO PERFORM THIS JOB PROFICIENTLY. THE REQUIREMENTS LISTED IN THIS DOCUMENT ARE THE MINIMUM LEVELS OF KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS OR ABILITIES.
Job Tracking ID: 85347-227326
Location: Duluth, GA
Job Type: Full-Time/Regular
Date Updated: May 23, 2017
Job Level: Mid Career (2+ years)
Number of Openings: 1
Years of Experience: At least 3 Years
Level of Education: High School/GED
Starting Date: February 20, 2017