Indian Health Service Pharmacist/Supvy Pharmacist (Open Continuous) ESEP/MP in Eagle Butte, South Dakota
Indian Health Service
Few vacancies in the following location:
- Eagle Butte, SD
Work Schedule is Multiple Schedules - Permanent
Opened Tuesday 2/2/2016 (263 day(s) ago)
** Closes Saturday 12/31/2016 (70 day(s) away)
About the Agency
Become a part of an innovative, dynamic, nationwide organization of dedicated health care providers working to meet the individual health care needs of American Indians and Alaska Natives. Indian Health Service (IHS) employees are considerate in our care, creative in our approach, enthusiastic about our work and compassionate with our patients.
Our lifestyle is adventurous, community oriented and focused on service and problem solving as part of a professional interdisciplinary team. Join us in improving the health outcomes of 2.2 million American Indians and Alaska Natives.
These positions are located with the Pharmacy Department of the Cheyenne River Health Center, Eagle Butte, SD. The purpose for this position is to provide pharmaceutical services to patients of the Service Unit. These position's report to the Deputy Pharmacist.
NOTE: This position replaces IHS-15-GP-1303120-ESEP/MP. If you would like to be considered for this position you will need to re-apply under this vacancy and your application will remain active in the system for three (3) months for any availability.
DIRECT HIRE AUTHORITY JOB OPPORTUNITY ANNOUNCEMENT: These positions are eligible to be filled through Office of Personnel Management's delegated Direct Hire Authority [DHA]. The Direct Hire Authority has been authorized by the Homeland Security Act of 2002 and Part 337, Subpart B, Title 5 of the Code of Federal Regulations [5 CFR]. If filled utilizing DHA, the following is applicable: all applicants who meet the basic qualification.
Exceptional recruiting difficulty may result in payment of a recruitment or relocation incentive/bonus.
NOTE: This is an "Open Continuous Vacancy Announcement" and applications will be referred when vacancies occur.
The IHS is required by law to give absolute preference to qualified applicants who meet the Secretary of the Interior's definition of Indian for appointment to vacancies within the IHS in accordance with established IHS policy as outlined in the Indian Health Manual Part 7, Chapter 3. The IHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Provide pharmaceutical services to patients
- apply a working knowledge of medications to provide pharmaceutical services in the outpatient, inpatient, satellite clinic, and emergency department settings
- provide medical information support to health care employees
- optimize medication delivery systems
- assure appropriateness of drug therapy in the provision of direct patient care
- Occasional Travel
- Occasional travel may be required for training and/or other work related duties.
- Selectee will be subject to a pre-employment fingerprint check.
- Selectee will be subject to a background investigation.
- Selectee will be subject to a probationary/trial period.
- ESEP appointees typically serve two year trial period.
- More than one selection may be made from this announcement.
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
- A copy of Current Unrestricted License is required (submit a photo-copy)
To qualify for this position, your resume must state sufficient experience and/or education, to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are applying. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer and part time experience. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
For positions requiring positive education requirements, or if you are using education to meet all or part of the qualification requirements, you MUST submit a copy of your transcripts or an itemized list of college courses which includes equivalent information from the transcript (course title, semester/quarter hours, and grade/degree earned) in your resume.
LICENSURE: All applicants MUST be licensed to practice pharmacy in a state, territory of the United States, or the District of Columbia.
EDUCATION: Four (4) year bachelor's degree in pharmacy recognized by the American Council on Pharmaceutical Education.
GS-09: Successful completion of a five (5) year course of study leading to a bachelor's or higher degree in pharmacy from an approved pharmacy school, OR; One (1) year of professional pharmacy experience equivalent to at least GS-07 grade level.
GS-11: Successful completion of a six (6) year course of study leading to a Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) degree or One (1) year of professional pharmacy experience equivalent to at least GS-09 grade level.
GS-12: One (1) year of professional pharmacy experience equivalent to at least GS-11 grade level.
EXPERIENCE DEFINED: Specialized experience is defined as work involved in compounding prescriptions, and formulating, preparing, bulk compounding, selecting, dispensing, and preserving drugs medicines, and chemicals. Advising on drug therapy and usage in a hospital, clinic or a facility in the pharmaceutical industry.
IF SUPERVISORY POSITION: Experience leading or Supervising Pharmacy department by assessing and evaluating work performance and employee conduct, experience creating work schedules.
MEDICAL REQUIREMENTS: Applicants MUST be able to distinguish basic colors.
Time-In-Grade Requirements: Merit Promotion (status) candidates must have completed one year of service at the next lower grade level. Time-In-Grade provisions do not apply under the Excepted Service Examining Plan (ESEP).
You must meet the requirements of the job by 11:59 pm (Eastern Standard Time) of the closing date: Saturday, December 31, 2016
Q - Nonsensitive
What To Expect Next
You can track the progress of your application package via your USAJOBS account. You will receive an acknowledgement from USAJOBS that your submission was successful once we have received your on-line occupational questionnaire, resume, and any supporting documentation. You will be notified of the status of your application via your USAJOBS Account after we conduct a qualification review of your complete application package. You will be contacted if further evaluation or interviews are required. Any exaggeration of your experience, false statements, or attempt to conceal information may disqualify you for employment consideration. We may verify all information you provide in your resume and questionnaire responses, through reference and/or background check, and/or verification of your education. If you are selected, you will be contacted personally by the Human Resources (HR) office posting this announcement.
You will no longer need to call the HR Office to determine your application status. USAJOBS has added an alert setting to their system to provide status updates for applicants. You can elect to activate the status updates from your USAJOBS profile at any point during the application process.
If all required documentation is not submitted with your application you will lose consideration. It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information and documents entered, uploaded, or faxed is received, legible and accurate. HR will not modify answers submitted by an applicant.
Indian Health Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer
You can review our benefits at https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/PayandBenefits
- Housing may be available
- Position is covered by a Bargaining Unit (Non-Supervisory positions only)
- A one year supervisory/managerial probationary period may be required upon selection/placement. (Supervisory positions only)
Federal Employees earn annual leave at a rate (4, 6 or 8 hours per pay period) which is based on the number of years they have served as a Federal employee. IHS may offer newly-appointed Federal employees credit for their directly related previous non-federal experience or active duty uniformed military service. This credited service can be used in determining the rate at which annual leave is earned.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Security Clearance: If you are selected for this vacancy, you must undergo a pre-employment fingerprint check and background investigation. Fingerprint results and background investigation documentation must be cleared prior to hire. You will receive instructions on how to obtain and submit fingerprints and background investigation documentation. After you begin your employment, your continued employment is contingent upon the outcome of a complete background investigation as determined by the sensitivity level of your position. The investigation must find that you are suitable for Federal employment in your position. If you are found not suitable, you will be terminated after you begin work. If you make a false statement in any part of your application, you may not be hired; you may be fired after you begin work; or subject to possible criminal charges.
- Measles and Rubella immunization required for selectees born after 1957
- Rotating shifts, alternate work schedule, nights/weekends/holidays and possible overtime may be required
- Selectee is required to have a viable bank account at a financial institution for electronic direct deposit of salary payment.
IHS - Operated Properties are tobacco free
Salary Range: $69,936.00 to $117,991.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-0660-09/12
Promotion Potential: 12
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: Candidates eligible under Indian Preference appointing authority (ESEP); All Federal employees serving on a career or career-conditional appointment; Reinstatement eligible; Veterans Preference including Veterans Employment Opportunities Act of 1998 (VEOA); Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) eligible or Schedule A, and/or PHS Commissioned Corp Personnel.
Control Number: 428414100
Job Announcement Number: IHS-16-GP-1616652-ESEP/MP