Washington State DSHS Juvenile Rehabilitation Security Officer 1 in East Wenatchee, Washington
Looking for a great career stepping stone with room to grow and learn? Keep reading and I will tell you all about it. You can make a real difference in the lives of at-risk youth when you join the dedicated team at Canyon View Community Facility. We are seeking dynamic and motivated team members to serve as an on-call Juvenile Rehabilitation Security Officer 1. The selected applicant will provide secure custody and supervision, and support rehabilitative programming for youth in a moderate security Rehabilitation Administration (RA) facility.
You'll have the opportunity to:
- Learn about the Rehabilitation Administration philosophy and treatment model which will prepare you for career advancement opportunities
- Conduct routine and random security duties such as headcounts, room checks for cleanliness and contraband, pat and strip searches, building integrity checks, and collect urinalysis samples for testing
- Recognize and assess situations and intervene to de-escalate and maintain facility safety and security using approved verbal techniques and physical take-down methods
- Maintain a written account of activities during the work shift and clearly document breaches of security, behavioral incidents, and youth behavior in various logs and in youth files
- Supervise the completion of facility chores and housekeeping jobs within residential unit, serve and supervise meals, and escort/supervise the movement of residents within the facility and in the community
Here's what we are looking for: High school graduation or GED equivalent. AND One year of experience in the areas of work such as: social services, youth group activities, security guard, correctional officer, police officer, police reserve officer, military police, or other law enforcement work; or, a certificate of completion in a basic law enforcement training program approved by the Washington Criminal Justice Training Commission; or, a certificate of completion in a police or reserve police academy or military training program.
Two years (90qtr/60sem credits) of college from an accredited institution whose accreditation is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA), or a foreign equivalent will substitute for the required one year of experience.
Application process Please complete the application specifying your work experience.
Additional Information Applicants selected for an interview will be required to complete a questionnaire mandated by the Federal Prison Rape Elimination Act
Some jobs may require full criminal background check. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
Job Type: On-Call
Job Number: 2016-10183 GG87E
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Closing: 11/6/2016 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $15.32 - $19.84 Hourly
Location: Douglas County - East Wenatchee, WA