Army National Guard Units (Title 32) Contract Specialist in Edinburgh, Indiana
Army National Guard Units (Title 32)
1 vacancy in the following location:
- Edinburgh, IN
Work Schedule is Full Time - Indefinite
Opened Thursday 9/29/2016 (28 day(s) ago)
** Closes Saturday 10/29/2016 (2 day(s) away)
The mission of the Indiana National Guard Full-Time Force is to maintain properly trained and equipped units available for prompt mobilization for war, national or state emergency. For information about membership call: 1.800.GO GUARD
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED
This career ladder position is listed as a GS-07 to GS-09 to GS-11
THIS ADVERTISEMENT HAS BEEN WRITTEN USING THE GS-07 QUALIFICATIONS. YOUR ANSWERS TO THE QUESTIONNAIRE AND RESUME WILL DETERMINE WHAT GRADE(S) YOU ARE QUALIFIED FOR.
DUTY LOCATION: Edinburgh, IN (USPFO)
JOB SUMMARY: The primary purpose of this position is to perform developmental assignments which are designed to provide the incumbent, who is serving in a trainee capacity, in the application of common contracting methods and contract types, and to assist in the procurement of standard or specialized service; supply; and/or construction items, services, and/or materials primarily through formal advertising, or through limited use of negotiation techniques.
This job announcement is for employment as an Indiana Army National Guard Technician; a Federal Civil Service position. This is a dual-status technician job whereby you are required to maintain active membership in a National Guard unit and are required to wear the military uniform at the workplace. As members of a unit of the Indiana National Guard, you will be required to train with your unit, normally one weekend a month and 15 days of annual training each year. Indiana Army National Guard units and members are subject to immediate call to federal or state active duty to meet national or state emergencies.
APPOINTMENT FACTORS: This position is an INDEFINITE Excepted Service position with permanent potential.
MILITARY RANK REQUIREMENTS: E-1 thru E-7, WO-1 thru CW-4 or O-1 thru O-4
MILITARY SPECIALITY REQUIREMENTS: Individuals must meet the qualifications for the technician position but will have 1 year from date of hire to be assigned to a compatible MOS in a compatible unit for the technician position advertised.
Compatible Military Assignments: Enlisted MOS: 36B, 51C, 00F; Warrant Office MOS: 011A (Immaterial); Officer Branch: 01A (Immaterial)
AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION:
T-32 Technician, T32 AGR or Traditional soldiers with the Indiana Army National Guard.
Members of another states National Guard but willing to join the Indiana Army National Guard.
Reservist/IRR or an active duty soldiers and willing to join the Indiana Army National Guard.
Prior service with no military status at this time but willing to join the Indiana Army National Guard (DD214 REQUIRED UPON APPLICATION SUBMISSION).
No Prior Service AND willing/eligible to join the Indiana Army National Guard
Do to the limitations placed on this website, all listed duties under this position could not be provided. If you would like the complete list of duties, please contact the POC of this announcement.
Only the GS-07 duties are listed on this announcement.
As a Contract Specialist GS-07 with the Indiana Army National Guard (ARNG), your duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Follows established procedures to procure off-the-shelf materials, which are available from numerous commercial sources, and are easily identified by common names for which standard price lists are available. Responds to customer needs to procure repetitive items or services for which specifications have become standardized and where established competitive markets and price competition exists. Reviews Requisitions to determine if proper specifications or purchase descriptions are included in solicitation documents. Suppliers are generally available, however, performs search of the market or uses sole source suppliers as required or necessary to complete procurement actions. Selects clauses to cover special conditions, such as inspection and acceptance, marking and packaging, quantity variation, price differential, or transportation costs. Contacts technical personnel to resolve questions of applicability of specifications, classifications of terms, or acceptance of substitute items. Evaluates bids or proposals for compliance with specifications or purchase descriptions and applicable clauses
- Prepares Invitation for Bid (IFB) or Request for Proposal (RFP) ensuring that technical descriptions and appropriate contract clauses are included. Develops source lists of responsible contractors, coordinating with the small business specialist. Uses primarily firm fixed-price, time and materials, indefinite delivery, or similar contracts using standard clauses. Performs detailed analysis of responses to solicitations, including price reasonableness, adequacy of competition, compliance with solicitation, and probability of meeting requirements. Evaluates prospective contract price utilizing basic price analysis techniques to analyze common contracts by research and review of available historical and precedent data, manufacturer's catalogs, current labor rates, and standard industrial cost and price data. On negotiated procurements, assignments are designed to increase the incumbent's skill and knowledge.
- Assists in monitoring contract performance and assists in contract termination. Monitors contract performance through telephone conversations, correspondence, site visits, inspections, progress reports, and analysis of contractor metrics, for compliance with performance standards, applicable laws, delivery schedules, payment provisions, inspections, progress reports, and other requirements stated in the contract. Meets with contractors to clarify issues on contractual requirements, such as billing procedures, material submittals, and socioeconomic clauses.
- Provides advice and assistance to others relating to contracting work and prepares correspondence. Provides advice and assistance to installation technical personnel, sales representatives, and/or contractors' local suppliers whenever information is needed or issues need to be resolved. Establishes working relationships with program and contractor management personnel. Prepares letters, memoranda, documents, or reports that support contractual actions or recommendations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Occasional Travel
- Occasional mission travel may be required
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Must possess or be able to obtain a secret security clearance
- Must participate in direct deposit
In order to meet the Minimum Qualifications for this Contract Specialist position, you must have:
- GS-07, Entry Level One. Must meet positive education requirement. Candidate must have an understanding of the basic principles and concepts of the National Guard Procurement business and/or contracting program requirements and certifications. Applicants should have experiences and training that demonstrates the ability to follow directions, to read, retain, and understand a variety of instructions, regulations, policies and procedures.
- GS-09, Intermediate Level Two. To qualify, candidate must have Level One Certification awarded. Must meet positive education requirement. Must have at least 12 months of functional contracting experiences and competencies that provided knowledge of contracting principles and procedures to include the following business: Procurement in Pre-Award and Award Contracts; Simplified Acquisition Procedures; Small Business Socio-Economic; Delivery Order / Task Order; Contract Administration; Government Purchase Card program. As a condition of continued employment in the GS-1102-09 position, the employee must complete Level Two Certification within 24 months of appointment to the position.
- GS-11, Intermediate Level Two. To qualify, candidate must have Level Two Certification awarded. Must meet positive education requirement. Must have at least 12 months of broadening contracting experiences and competencies that provided full working knowledge and skill in contracting principles and procedures to include the following tasks: Procurement in Pre-Award and Award Contracts, Simplified Acquisition Procedures, Small Business Socio-Economic, Delivery Order / Task Order, Contract Administration, Purchase Card program.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities that will be evaluated for this position include:
- Knowledge of commonly used contracting methods sufficient to perform procurement functions when the contract actions are well defined and well precedented.
- Knowledge of contract negotiation techniques, and the laws, regulations and precedents governing procurements by this method, to perform developmental assignments.
- Knowledge of formal advertising sufficient to solicit bids to procure a variety of requirements ranging from standard to specialized supplies, services, or construction.
- Knowledge of report writing techniques to present factual information clearly, write procurement memoranda, and draft contract provisions and supporting documentation.
- Knowledge of business practices and market conditions as they relate to program and technical requirements sufficient to evaluate bid responsiveness, contractor responsibility, and contractor performance.
- Skill in solving practical problems relating to supplies, services, and/or contracting as they relate to the development of specifications or to contract administration involving product quality.
- Skill in dealing with others in a work relationship to present information orally and to accomplish a given purpose.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally or in writing.
Educational Requirements and/or Substitution of Education for Experience:
A four year course of study leading to an undergraduate degree with a major in any field of study;
At least 24 Semester Hours in any combination of the following studies: Accounting, Business, Finance, Law, Contracts, Purchasing, Economics, Industrial Management, Marketing, Quantitative Methods, or Organization and Management.
The appropriate DAU level certification if attempting to qualify for the GS-09 and GS-11.
TRANSCRIPTS AND/OR CERTIFICATES ARE REQUIRED WHEN APPLYING. YOUR APPLICATION WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED IF YOU ARE MISSING ANY OF THESE DOCUMENTS.
Must participate in Direct Deposit
A criminal history check will be completed on all selectees before hire date.
Permanent Change of Station (PCS) funds are not available for this position.
ENLISTMENT CASH BONUSES: Acceptance of technician position may affect any bonus and/or educational assistance that may be payable.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Subject to moderate risks which require safety precautions while visiting construction sites. May be required to use safety hats, glasses, breathing apparatus, and boots during on-site visits.
PHYSICAL EFFORT: The position requires visits to construction sites on a regular basis to check work progress, inspect for compliance with contract provisions, evaluate claims pertaining to changed site conditions, and resolve differences. Site visits require agility in walking around machines, moving equipment, and construction in progress, and may involve bending and climbing.
If you are not a member of the Indiana Army National Guard, but are interested in applying for this position, please call the Indiana Army National Guard Recruiting Office at 800-GO-GUARD. You can also view our website at http://www.in.ng.mil/Recruiting/tabid/1041/Default.aspx.
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/59 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency.
What To Expect Next
Once the online questionnaire is received you will receive an acknowledgement email that your submission was successful. Based upon your score, you may be referred to the hiring official. If your name is referred to the hiring official, you may be contacted directly by that office for a possible interview. You will receive notice via email or by mail, if no email address was provided by you during the application process, once this process is completed (generally 4-6 weeks).
You will be notified via email during the following phases of this announcement:
- Immediately after your application has been submitted.
- After the announcement has closed.
- After qualifications review, which will inform you if you have been referred to the selection official or not.
- Once a selection has been made.
If at any time you have questions concerning this Job Vacancy Announcement, please contact the Human Resources Specialist by email. You email should contain the following information: 16-T-Army-203, Contract Specialist, and 1811657. The email can be sent to SCOTT.C.KASMER.MIL@MAIL.MIL.
Explore the major benefits offered to most Federal employees at http://www.usajobs.gov/ResourceCenter/Index/Interactive/Benefits#icc.
Under 32 USC 709, Veterans Preference does NOT apply.
For a complete list of Job Vacancy Announcements available at the Indiana National Guard, please visit our website at Indiana National Guard HR Website.
Salary Range: $40,232.00 to $77,403.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-1102-07/11
Promotion Potential: 11
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: INDIANA NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP REQUIRED
Control Number: 452023600
Job Announcement Number: 16-T-Army-203