Army National Guard Units (Title 32) Aircraft Systems Supervisor in Ellington AFB, Texas
Army National Guard Units (Title 32)
1 vacancy in the following location:
- Ellington AFB, TX
Work Schedule is Full Time - Permanent
Opened Monday 9/26/2016 (30 day(s) ago)
** Closes Wednesday 10/26/2016 (0 day(s) away)
TEXAS MILITARY DEPARTMENT
DUTY: Bear true faith and allegiance to the state and nation; cultivate an environment for all to excel; prepare mentally, physically and spiritually to deploy at home and abroad.
HONOR: Hold the public trust in the highest regard; exceed standards and expectations; act with understanding, innovation, resourcefulness, flexibility and urgency. Do all you can, where you are, with what you have and always place the welfare of those you lead first.
TEXAS: Embrace the courageous spirit of our people, history and culture.
After you submit your application, return to your USAJOBS account to check the status of your application. Status updates are available on your profile dashboard. Your application will be reviewed to make sure you're eligible and meet the qualifications for the position. If qualifications are met, your application will be referred to the hiring official and your status will be updated to "Referred" on your profile dashboard. All other applicants (not being considered) will receive a "Not Referred" status.
This position is located in Houston Army Aviation Support Facility, Houston, TX. The purpose of this position is to supervise workers, either directly or through one or more subordinate leaders and/or supervisors, in accomplishing the operations of a distinct organizational unit and to perform associated non-supervisory work. The organization and non-supervisory which best reflects the nature of the overall work operations supervised is Aircraft Systems, WG-8801-10.
Appointment Factor(s): This is an Excepted Service position that requires active membership in a compatible military assignment in the Texas Army National Guard and wear of the military uniform. Applicants who are not already on-board employees with the Texas Army National Guard do not meet eligibility for this position.
Areas of Consideration: In-Service/Current On-board Aviation only. This includes:
- All currently employed full-time permanent, indefinite and temporary personnel of the Texas Army National Guard.
Incentives: Acceptance of a military Federal technician position may result in termination and / or repayment of military incentives. Please check your contract and contact your servicing Education Services (Incentives) office or the Recruiting/Retention office.
Rank Spread: Enlisted NTE E-9
- This is a Non-Bargaining Unit position.
- The Texas National Guard is an Equal Opportunity employer.
- Veterans preference is not applicable in this agency.
As an Aircraft Systems Supervisor with the Texas Army National Guard (ARNG), your duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Planning: Plan weekly or monthly work schedules and sequence of operations. Establish deadlines and priorities based on established general schedules, methods, and policies. Determine skills, materials, and equipment required to do the work. Participate in the initial planning of current and future work schedules and development of budget requests. Provide workload data, estimate, information on staffing needs, and recommendation as the scheduling of projected work.
- Work Direction: Assign tasks to be performed. Explain work requirements, methods, and procedures. Instruct subordinates on new procedures or methods and provide assistance on difficult or new problem areas. Review work in progress or on completion. Make adjustments as necessary to effectively and economically accomplish the work. Investigate work related problems and independently implement corrective actions which can be taken without affecting work operations controlled by other supervisors. Assure that equipment and material is available when needed. Coordinate work with other units.
- Administration: Recommend and participate in the selection of personnel to fill vacancies. Schedule and approve leave of subordinates. Set preference requirement and make formal and informal performance appraisals. Determine training needs of subordinates and arrange for its accomplishment. Counsel employees on problems. Adjust informal complaints through discussion with employees and union representatives. Take informal corrective action on conduct or performance problems. Initiate proposals for disciplinary action where needed. Work to achieve the objectives of Government-wide programs and policies, e.g., equal employment opportunity and labor management relations. Promote the participation of subordinates in programs such as the suggestion program, cost reduction program, etc. Ensure that regulations governing safety and housekeeping are observed with appropriate protective clothing and equipment being utilized. Maintain production reports and records. Periodically review position descriptions of subordinates for currency and accuracy. Initiate the detailing of subordinates to positions other than their own. Participate in review and improvement of work methods, organizational features, and the structuring of positions to eliminate unnecessary positions and achieve optimum content in those remaining.
- Perform the non-supervisory work of the function as needed.
- Implement regulatory safety requirements and ensure that subordinates wear appropriate safety equipment and follow pertinent safety precautions.
- Prepare for and participate in various types of readiness evaluations, inspections, mobilization and command support exercises. May be required to perform such additional duties as structural fire-fighting, aircraft fire/crash/rescue duty, security guard, snow removal, munitions loading and handling, heavy/equipment operation, maintenance of facilities and equipment, or to serve as a team member on boards to cope with natural disaster or civil emergencies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The full Position Description (PD) can be found at the following link:
- Not Required
- Direct Deposit is mandatory.
- Baseline physical is required within 90 days of employment.
- Must be willing to become a member of the Texas Army National Guard.
- Must be slotted in a compatible military assignment.
Specialized Experience Required
To qualify at the WS-10 grade level your resume must include relevant experience with beginning and ending dates of employment/experience reflecting at least 36 months experience which demonstrates the ability to plan, direct, and organize work assignments for lower grade personnel. Experience which required the review of work requirements and establish priorities to meet deadlines. Experience that provided knowledge of various lines of work performed by this function. Experience which demonstrates the ability to supervise or the potential to perform such duties as evidenced by the ability to communicate knowledge of general supervisory concepts, and knowledge of shop processes. Experience in adapting existing equipment and techniques to new situations.
Compatible Military Assignment (per UMR): Applicants need not be assigned to the position or possess the MOS to apply or be considered; however, applicant must be Duty MOS (DMOS) assigned to a compatible position in accordance with statutes and National Guard Bureau regulations upon selection.
What To Expect Next
Once the online questionnaire is received you will receive an acknowledgement email that your submission was successful. After a review of your complete application is made you will be notified whether or not you have been referred to the hiring official. If further evaluation or interviews are required you will be contacted.
This link provides an overview of the benefits crrently offered to Federal employees: https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/PayandBenefits
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/59 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency.
Salary Range: $33.24 to $38.79 / Per Hour
Series & Grade: WS-8801-10/10
Promotion Potential: 10
Supervisory Status: Yes
Who May Apply: In-Service/Onboard (See Open Areas of Consideration), Texas Army National Guard Membership is Required
Control Number: 450294400
Job Announcement Number: NGTX-16-217