American LegalNet Inc. Procurement & Client Success Manager in Encino, California
American LegalNet is seeking exceptional leaders with an entrepreneur spirit and a corporate foundation that will join this dynamic mezzanine company and help take ALN to the next level – preeminent in the law firm support industry. If a challenge delights you and work stimulates you, read on…
Employee Title: Procurement & Client Success Manager Travel: Approximately 20 - 40% per year
Location: Encino, CA headquarters
THE POSITION’S PURPOSE:
The Procurement & Client Success Manager (PCSM) ensures that procurement procedures are consistently followed and procures supplies and services that best combine quality, cost, lead time, and service. He/she is also the leader in providing client engagement after the sales of our product(s) to ensure that any on-going training and support of American LegalNet products is completed as well as consistently engaging with these clients to ascertain their needs for additional ALN products and services (upselling) so as to achieve maximum retention and new sales with these existing clients.
The PCSM plays a crucial role in lowering our procurement costs as well as new client support, especially training, and client retention strategy. He/she will be a hands-on first level trainer, will help train the firm trainers, users and oversees the production of training materials and schedules. The PCSM is responsible for onsite and online webinar training.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / MAJOR OBJECTIVES / DELIVERABLES:
● Stays current on existing contracts and pricing agreements. Meets with representatives of suppliers and stays up to date with trends, securing favorable terms, updates records and files, and assists in the evaluation and implementation of new products, obtains samples for evaluation, and prepares cost comparisons, as required.
● Interacts directly with department requestors, assists departments in initiating requisitions and orders, and solves problems with orders.
● Examines and analyzes departmental requisitions for completeness and accuracy of information, contacts department or requestor to clarify or complete information; determines best method to place orders.
● Contributes to the proper and timely payment of invoices by communicating with vendors and maintaining communication with Accounts Payable.
• Primary person responsible for client retention. • Participates in needs analysis studies with new and existing client firms to determine training needs and preferred approach or training best practices for each firm. • Confers with firm management to gain knowledge of specific work situations requiring employees to better utilize available workflow and forms management technologies. • Tracks and reports to department heads on SLA’s, customer issues and internal support staff deliverables. • Maintains CRM database with the direction of the VP, Sales and Client Relations to track client issues activities and future training projects. • Works closely with managers in other departments on updating policies and procedures for customer services and training needs. • Reports on progress of clients and firms under guidance during training periods. • Frequently analyzes customer usage and satisfaction of our products to adjust accordingly towards improvement.
• Primary point of communication with all existing client needs and questions – specifically “at-risk” clients. • Resolves difficult issues regarding customer complaints and other matters. • Proactive communication with customers to either reignite or maintain customer relationships. Uses his/her relationship with clients to upsell and/or expand ALN’s footprint with the client (adding new products and/or services to client; expansion of our products to additional offices/users).
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
• Strong interpersonal skills. • Strong verbal and written communications skills. • Strong Negotiation Skills • Strong knowledge of procurement process • Knowledge of Law Firms or Large Corporations product software purchasing process • Vendors Management • Strong Contract Negotiation Skills • Strong Budget Review and forecast Skills • Knowledge technical skills, desktop, web and software Implementation and Training • Ability to interact and communicate with various departments – need to be able to adapt to audience (C-level, IT, users, etc). • Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) or two years related sales experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. • Previous Trainer experience is a big plus. The ideal candidates will have training experience in a law firm environment or have held the position of technical trainer or product training specialist in the past. • Strong presentation skills both verbal and technical including experience with presentation tools like PowerPoint and/or desk top publishing software. • Knowledge of SQL database functions, Microsoft Office 2003, 2007 and 2010 software suites, Windows Operating System Environments (XP, Vista, 7) and with other law firm macro integration packages. Candidates should also have a strong understanding of Document Management Systems (DMS) including Interwoven, IManage, OpenText DM5, DocsOpen and Docketing Systems including eDockets, ProLaw and CompuLaw, which are in use in the law firm environment. Candidates should also have a strong technical understanding of Microsoft SharePoint 2007 and 2010. • Travel – must be willing to travel 50-70% of the time throughout the US conducting on site, in-person sales and training/relationship building efforts.
Salary dependent on experience. Will be a mix of an attractive base salary and commissions. Generous benefits package that includes vacation time-off, flexible health Insurance, 401K with full 6% matching and generous recognition for outstanding performance. The company also provides employees with internal activities such as ping-pong, yoga, etc. and Gym membership, We also provide a great, stable and professional work environment and culture.